URGENT!! please help

x-o-emz-o-x

You have a contract with this woman to supply a huskamute. A contract consists of three elements: offer, acceptance and consideration. She offered for sale a huskamute which she said was a specific age. You accepted her offer to purchase the pup on the terms set out. You paid a deposit which is part of the consideration. If the pup is not a huskamute she has committed fraud. Fraud is an intentional deception (she intends to sell a pup to you which is not a huskamute)made for personal gain or to damage another individual; Fraud is a crime, and also a civil law violation therefore the Police must investigate if asked to do so, however I think you may get more luck by speaking to your Trading Standards Officer based at your local Council, especially if you think that this has happened previously. They will in any case be able to give you more indepth advice. Hope this helps and I am so sorry to hear of the troubles you are going through. Not nice, especially as you have children who will be excited. It is better to be cautious now, even if it means walking away from the pup as you don't know the history and you could be buying a pup with a load of expensive problems. I would question why such a young pup is still not with its mother to start with as this is the period of time when the pup is learning its social skills, including bite inhibition.

This is true - IF there is a signed contract. If they only had a verbal agreement and Emma foolishly supplied a deposit without signing an agreement she has little ground to stand on.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A contract does not have to be written. She has what is termed an implied contract. A verbal agreement, however what makes it a contract is that the three parts to the contract. It is therefore a legally enforceable agreement arising from the conduct of both parties. In this case buyer and seller and due to the fact a deposit has been paid there is a legal relationship amongst the immediate parties. An implied contract is when one party accepts a benefit from anotehr party in circumstances where the benefit (in this case cash deposit) cannot be considered to be a gift. This means that the party accepting the benefit (the seller) is under a legal obligation to give fair value for the benefit received. In this case the fair value for the benefit received is a huskamute puppy.

This is true - IF there is a signed contract. If they only had a verbal agreement and Emma foolishly supplied a deposit without signing an agreement she has little ground to stand on.

hopefully this is not the case. if so, unfortunately the lesson of never handing over money without some type of contract in place has been taught.

I would question why such a young pup is still not with its mother to start with as this is the period of time when the pup is learning its social skills, including bite inhibition.

that is my major question!?

A contract does not have to be written. She has what is termed an implied contract. A verbal agreement, however what makes it a contract is that the three parts to the contract. It is therefore a legally enforceable agreement arising from the conduct of both parties. In this case buyer and seller and due to the fact a deposit has been paid there is a legal relationship amongst the immediate parties. An implied contract is when one party accepts a benefit from anotehr party in circumstances where the benefit (in this case cash deposit) cannot be considered to be a gift. This means that the party accepting the benefit (the seller) is under a legal obligation to give fair value for the benefit received. In this case the fair value for the benefit received is a huskamute puppy.

it would be the breeders word against hers. the conversation wasn't recorded probably. I know when we make contracts for work over the phone we always record them for this general purpose. You don't want to wind up in a he said she said battle. hard to prove your side.

unless of course you are "going equipped" lol as in if you re stopped on suspicion of burglary, you only have to be in posession of certain tools which would be advantageous in order to break in somewhere

Indeed, stopped but not done for it. You would actually get done for the equipt you are carrying which would then be a crime committed :P

it would be the breeders word against hers. the conversation wasn't recorded probably. I know when we make contracts for work over the phone we always record them for this general purpose. You don't want to wind up in a he said she said battle. hard to prove your side.

Is she has a receipt for her deposit then this would be the necessary evidence. You are right it is much better to have a written contract, however the woman has invited her around to collect the pup and if she is wise she will get Trading Standards involved or an independent witness when she goes along. to collect the pup as if she doesn't want the pup because it is not as described she needs to get her money back. Also I am sure in your business dealings you inform the third party that you are recording the conversation. It is a sad state of affairs and hopefully others will learn from what has happened.

It's true that verbal contracts can be binding, but when there are only two involved and you have a he said/she said kind of situation it's difficult to prove. The "breeder" (and I use quotations because this is clearly a BYB scenario and thus use the term very loosely! :confused:) can totally backpedal and say they thought their dog bred with a malamute and the pups were husky/malamute crosses to the best of her knowledge. Without a written agreement to back it up, there are many ways out of it and honestly going through legal pathways would cost more than it would be worth.

Although, thinking more about it - and it depends on the way laws in Scotland work - if there is no contract, then there can likely be no "non-refundable" stipulation possible. No puppy - no payment, deposit or no.

Even without a receipt from the breeder/seller she will be able to get the deposit back as long as she’s got the advert she used to contact them. If its off the internet then print it out.

Anything that states Huskamute with the sellers contact number on will be enough for trading standards to pursue the seller

That is why it is important to get Trading Standards involved, because if this person has been trying this on before then they may have a record, or at least after this incident they will have a record on this person. One way to get a BYB stopped is through the Inland Revenue because if the person is breeding a significant number of puppies for financial gain then she needs to be registered with the Inland Revenue and not to be is a legal offence so she would then have them to deal with as well. And, as the saying goes, you can't cheat death or the taxman.

I have changed the avatar pic to the other photo we have of her, She doesnt have any of the typical marking i have seen on other pups, the colour around the eyes or head. We did get to see Pedigree papers for both the mom and dad, 5th generation and 7th generation and her driving license to show the names have matched. Obviously i had my heart set on a Huskamute or siberian huskey, and if it was a collie cross it could take the collies looks.. and more or less look like a collie.

My partner text the number tonight to see if the puppy was advertised for sale, she said it had been sold. Which is a little confusing. If the person was scamming then surely she would have offered the pup to him. Also she did say that they had 4 dogs living with them, The siberian Husky, Malamute father a Collie and a Jack Russel.... Bad times

I have changed the avatar pic to the other photo we have of her, She doesnt have any of the typical marking i have seen on other pups, the colour around the eyes or head. We did get to see Pedigree papers for both the mom and dad, 5th generation and 7th generation and her driving license to show the names have matched. Obviously i had my heart set on a Huskamute or siberian huskey, and if it was a collie cross it could take the collies looks.. and more or less look like a collie.

My partner text the number tonight to see if the puppy was advertised for sale, she said it had been sold. Which is a little confusing. If the person was scamming then surely she would have offered the pup to him. Also she did say that they had 4 dogs living with them, The siberian Husky, Malamute father a Collie and a Jack Russel.... Bad times

could u post the pic on here, its abit small and hard to see in your avatar

I have just heard that i may have been scammed......... the more i look at nushka in her photo i am starting to think she is not a huskamute??? the person who we have bought her from says she also owns a collie.... i have asked her if nushkas parents will be there an she has now informed me that dad isnt and mum may not be!! i feel sick that i may have been scammed and my son is heart broken.

can you please look at my picture and let me know if you think she is a huskamute??

Thanks everyone

Well I know how you feel about being scammed, when I was back in FL I was offered two very beautiful huskies and Oh I wanted them so bad, but in reality they were NOT huskies they were MUTS and my friend tolded me that those type of people that they say they have huskies but they were people that get your credit card number and take and buy with it, there's more to the story but I won't go into it. But I'm not so sure about your husky because the image well can't truly make it out, so sorry if you have other image I can take a look at it and I might be able to tell you if so and if not.

Hi, I have attached the previous avatar picture so you can take a look at it, it is a good angle as you can see the face shape pretty well.

My partner thinks if we can get the pup we should take it, as even if it does have collie in it, it would grow to be a beautiful dog!

156277_442293962453333_100000182004101_1907421_820934173_n.jpg