URGENT!! please help

x-o-emz-o-x

I have just heard that i may have been scammed......... the more i look at nushka in her photo i am starting to think she is not a huskamute??? the person who we have bought her from says she also owns a collie.... i have asked her if nushkas parents will be there an she has now informed me that dad isnt and mum may not be!! i feel sick that i may have been scammed and my son is heart broken.

can you please look at my picture and let me know if you think she is a huskamute??

Thanks everyone

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

honestly.. Not much of any northern breeds on the pic (now that you asked me to look at the pic, I have just noticed)

Did the person ask you to pay for her? IMO if she's free to good home, whatever breed she is nothing is wrong. A collie cross is as good as a huskamute IMO in fact they must be more trainable :)

EDIT: but I understand that you must be very upset :( still, there's a chance this person is so afraid Nushka won't find a good home due to her breed so she/he lied just because he/she is so desperate. Lots of possibilities, really :) if she's free to good home, please don't cancel your adoption just because Nushka is not a huskamute... Bet she'll be a good companion no matter her breed

I have just heard that i may have been scammed......... the more i look at nushka in her photo i am starting to think she is not a huskamute??? the person who we have bought her from says she also owns a collie.... i have asked her if nushkas parents will be there an she has now informed me that dad isnt and mum may not be!! i feel sick that i may have been scammed and my son is heart broken.

can you please look at my picture and let me know if you think she is a huskamute??

Thanks everyone

i dont know its hard to tell when they are small./

kinda looks like a jackrussell to me lol

could possibly be a collie cross.

i personally woudl walk away

did you pay a deposit?

yeah paid deposit, i have been in touch with a breeder near her and she thinks where we are gettin her from has seemingly sold her 5 times!!! police wont do anything as we are not due to collect her till tomoro!!

the law is such a joke... shouldn't the "breeder" be dragged to court for this she stole your money

the law is such a joke... shouldn't the "breeder" be dragged to court for this she stole your money

The point is she hasnt stolen anything. As the police have said she's not due to pick up till tomorrow. You cant get someone done for "going to" do something LOL

The point is she hasnt stolen anything. As the police have said she's not due to pick up till tomorrow. You cant get someone done for "going to" do something LOL

eeh? But x-o-emz said she has paid deposit? Deposit = money paid before puppy even born? I'm confused LOL thank you for the explanation tho

eeh? But x-o-emz said she has paid deposit? Deposit = money paid before puppy even born? I'm confused LOL thank you for the explanation tho

Indeed ... So she has paid a deposit for a pup that will be ready to be picked up tomorrow. Therefore she's agreed to that. So far there is nothing wrong, its purely speculation

I would go tomorrow as planned and if your not happy to continue with your purchase they should be willing to refund your deposit. I presume no contracts have yet been signed so it's just a verbal agreement of you intention to purchase the puppy. Trading standards maybe able to offer you further advice

ok, take a deep breath.

some people can be right (too strong for family website :))

Neither of mine look anything like what they did when they were pups, so she could be a huskymute....Go tomorrow, and try an find out more info.....if you find out any of the details are different to what you was previously told, get your deposit back and leave...

Hope shes what you thought she was a she is soo cute, feel rather sorry she is involved with a supposed liar.

let us know what happens hope all works out for the best x

i arranged tomoro with her, when she brought her through she tried to leave her with us!!! we didnt have anything for her so i asked if i could go through to

her at the weekend, i dont understand why she had to lie to me about her age??

maybe she got the DOB wrong , or was worried u wouldnt take the puppy at 7 weeks , its hard to tell , maybe when u get there tomorrow talk to the 'breeder' about your concerns , ask to see the mother aswell and just see what u think when u get there too

The pup in your pic does look a little husky-ish looking at the ears and face, if that pic was taken when the pup was 5 - 6 weeks old the ears maybe a little slow at pointing up. Hope all goes well tomorrow fair enough dad may not be there as he may have been a stud but at the very least you should be able to see mum.... Just my thoughts

i mean comparing luka's litter to others the breeder had in the past all the puppies looked different. its so hard to tell at that age. i agree with Jay. Unless the breeder owns the male (which is not likely if she can't present him to you) he won't be around. The mom most def. should though considering the pups age. it's possible she has husky in her but i'd probably be skeptical of any malamute. hope it all works out!

If you decide not to get the pup, you may very well have difficulty getting the deposit back. Depending on what was said/agreed upon, a deposit is typically a non-refundable promise to purchase. You walk away from the purchase, you lose the deposit.

As others have said, the police will do nothing because there is nothing technically illegal going on. At best, you could bring the case to small claims court if you have reasonable grounds for believing you were misled - if the "breeder" lied about the breed, then you are not receiving what you expected to purchase, making any agreement null and void.

Let us know what you find out today!

yeah when i paid the deposit for Luka i signed a contract stating even if i chose not to get him i would lose my deposit and it would be used to help find him another home. A deposit pretty much guarantees your choice of puppy and i've never seen a refundable one.

You have a contract with this woman to supply a huskamute. A contract consists of three elements: offer, acceptance and consideration. She offered for sale a huskamute which she said was a specific age. You accepted her offer to purchase the pup on the terms set out. You paid a deposit which is part of the consideration. If the pup is not a huskamute she has committed fraud. Fraud is an intentional deception (she intends to sell a pup to you which is not a huskamute)made for personal gain or to damage another individual; Fraud is a crime, and also a civil law violation therefore the Police must investigate if asked to do so, however I think you may get more luck by speaking to your Trading Standards Officer based at your local Council, especially if you think that this has happened previously. They will in any case be able to give you more indepth advice. Hope this helps and I am so sorry to hear of the troubles you are going through. Not nice, especially as you have children who will be excited. It is better to be cautious now, even if it means walking away from the pup as you don't know the history and you could be buying a pup with a load of expensive problems. I would question why such a young pup is still not with its mother to start with as this is the period of time when the pup is learning its social skills, including bite inhibition.