Scootering in the torrential rain

Scootering in the torrential rain - pic added

Had some friends from the East coast over visiting mutual friends only an hours drive from me today, so we loaded 4 dogs up, 2 scooters and went to meet them. Now it is August isn't it? Pouring down with rain, cold enough for a jumper under my not waterproof coat, very dark, trails were all soaking wet and muddy, but what a fantastic time we had.

I usually live in my work trousers, green combats, but thought I'd be a bit girly today, so put my white, flowery 3/4 length combats on instead :D big mistake. I don't know if anybody got a picture of me, but they certainly were nowhere near white by the end.

It really felt good to be out with the dogs again though, we met one other person walking, and the dogs had a ball. They are all crashed out now, totally exhausted - happy dogs.

Can't wait for the kids to go back to school now, so that I can go out every day with one set of dogs or another. I love winter.:D

You love winter? Enjoy getting muddy? My suspicions have been confirmed...this combined with the tree incident LOL Im sorry but never gonna get over the tree thing..hehe

Yes i want pics please:D

ROFL - I am at one with nature, what can I say? One of my friends has two great danes, and they weren't scootering, she had her camera out at various points, she'll let me put the pics of me and the dogs covered in mud up on here, she's very nice like that:D

We're all fired up now, looking for places all over Ireland to go scootering, and hopefully in the not too distant future, using a rig. Its a very, very new sport in this country, we are 1 of only 2 clubs in the country that do anything like this. Yesterday was just a few friends meeting up, so our own insurance was fine, but to do the meets we want, we still have to get the PL insurance sorted. I've got a carpenter coming to look at the van today to see if he can put a platform in, over the dog crates, so that we can sleep in there if we need to - this is getting serious now.

I have some questions about that though, so will start a new thread.