What was the most recent GOOD movie you watched?

Elyse

Just as the title says. Each time you watch a movie that you absolutely LOVE and you want to share with people, list it here. Then we can look it up on IMDB (Internet Movie Database) to see if it'll interest us!

I'll start.

I just finished watching 'Another Earth'. It was...wow! It was probably one of the best movies I've seen in the past year or so. Definitely a thinking movie! Go check it out at http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1549572/

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Rum Diary.

Its about the early life of Hunter S. Thompson (author of Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas/The Naked Lunch). Hunter is played by Johnny Depp who was a good friend of his. Movie was great. Moburg was hilarious.

"I have fear! You're giving me fear! "

It didn't get great reviews, but that's because Thompson is a strange man with a strange mind and a lot of people don't like that. It's not as light hearted as the trailer looks, but its not as downright maddening or depressing as his other works either.

-m0yqS3jodU

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0376136/

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SII using Tapatalk.

The Rum Diary.

Its about the early life of Hunter S. Thompson (author of Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas/The Naked Lunch). Hunter is played by Johnny Drop who was a good friend of his. Movie was great. Moburg was hilarious.

"I have fear! You're giving me fear! "

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SII using Tapatalk.

Johnny Depp*?

Huh - never seen that one. Usually I see Depp's movies in the theatres...how did I miss this one? Thanks!

I recently watched Machine Gun Preacher which is based upon the story of Sam Childers, a former drug-dealing biker tough guy who found God and became a crusader for hundreds of Sudanese children who've been forced to become soldiers. It's a good film although a bit graphic in places due to the subject matter

I have a great propensity for falling asleep after the first ten minutes of almost anything I watch

Actually, I loved Tangled and most recently I saw a film called Anonymous. I thoroughly enjoyed that, quite the theory, fabulous cast.

Jack and Jill with Adam Sandler was great, I love his movies.

Also, In time. I think that is what it was called, it had I think Justin Timberlake in it, and Amanda Seyfried. Good movie

Oh yeah! In Time was a good movie, I saw it in the theatres.

• 4 weeks later...

haven't seen a lot of movies but going to watch Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol today :D bro said it was somewhat remarkable. I know it's somewhat old, but everything old is new to me LOL I don't have that much time to watch movies by the time I got a holiday the movie I wanted to watch is old already! LOL

Btw even up until today the best movie I have recently watched is still Real Steel. The other movies I have just watched is just.... Trash =\

haven't seen a lot of movies but going to watch Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol today :D bro said it was somewhat remarkable. I know it's somewhat old, but everything old is new to me LOL I don't have that much time to watch movies by the time I got a holiday the movie I wanted to watch is old already! LOL

Btw even up until today the best movie I have recently watched is still Real Steel. The other movies I have just watched is just.... Trash =\

GP isn't old at all! Didn't it only come out last year? An old movie is in the 80s - that's about my limit...I can't stand movies older than that!

I heard about 'Real Steel' being a good movie, but others also said it was a crap movie.

But I'm looking forward to watching Battleship, Wrath of the Titans, and Prometheus this summer!

GP isn't old at all! Didn't it only come out last year? An old movie is in the 80s - that's about my limit...I can't stand movies older than that!

I heard about 'Real Steel' being a good movie, but others also said it was a crap movie.

But I'm looking forward to watching Battleship, Wrath of the Titans, and Prometheus this summer!

The only thing that made Real Steel a "crap" movie is the plot. It resembles "Rocky" SOOOO much I actually thought it was directed by the same person =\ the difference is they only have one Real Steel and they have, like... seven Rockies :P

Tell me what do you think of Battleship... I'm going to borrow that movie from my friend after the exam week is over... Don't wanna borrow a crap movie so looking forward to your review :D

The only thing that made Real Steel a "crap" movie is the plot. It resembles "Rocky" SOOOO much I actually thought it was directed by the same person =\ the difference is they only have one Real Steel and they have, like... seven Rockies :P

Tell me what do you think of Battleship... I'm going to borrow that movie from my friend after the exam week is over... Don't wanna borrow a crap movie so looking forward to your review :D

It comes out on in theatres on May 18th (in the US, and probably the day after in Canada). So, you'll get your review on the 19th. LOL

• 3 weeks later...

I dunno about GOOD movies per se... but Gibson sat through about 35 minutes of Eight Below without taking his eyes off the screen, never had a dog who watched TV before

I dunno about GOOD movies per se... but Gibson sat through about 35 minutes of Eight Below without taking his eyes off the screen, never had a dog who watched TV before

That's because he's special!