does your husky bark at strangers entering the house

shane5578

Peppa is our early warning system. She lets us know whenever the front door opens regardless of who is entering. In fact that's why I'm here at 5am. My daughter just came home after a night out an Peppa "yip gurdly gurdled" as the door opened! The other three prefer not to disturb their beauty sleep.

I'd best go back to sleep, the monsters will be up in an hour.

Alpha does and the cowers behind me or his mum...Bindi is more like uhhh what??somebody in the house---Alpha shut up you are waking me, need my beauty sleep.....

OURS NEVER BARKED WHEN ANYONE CAME TO THE HOUSE, ALL THREE WOULD JUST GO TO THE DOOR, NOSES SNIFFING AT THE BASE JUST WAITING FOR THEM TO COME IN. SASHA WOULD THEN GO TO HER BED AND THEY WOULD HAVE TO GO TO HER TO GREET OR SHE WOULD JUST STAY ON HER BED AND WATCH, THE BOY'S (DAKOTA AND KAYAK) WOULD GO TO THEIR BEDS. THEY WERE NEVER ALLOWED TO JUMP ON ANYONE. (THEY SAY THE SIBERIAN IS THE "SILENT" BARKER, THEY ARE MORE CONSIDERED TO BE "TALKERS)

HUSKY LOVERS IN VERMONT

Barking was never included in Taz's vocalizations.. I'm not sure if he even knew how to bark, lol. Whenever someone would knock at the door he would stand in front of it and stare, when someone came in, he would happily howl like crazy, as a greeting.. he never met a stranger and was never wary. Echo is the opposite, she barks at the door and does a low bark when she sees a stranger on the other side. However, once she knows it's ok, she goes back into her super friendly Husky state. They are all different I guess! :)

Elara will sometimes bark at a stranger coming in and she'll sometimes bark if she's out on the porch and I open the door when she's sleeping. She'll suddenly wake up and bark. lol. And she has barked at stangers when I was walking her around a hotel at night. So it's only when she can't see who she's barking at really well when she barks. Siku doesn't bark unless the stranger has been ignoring her for too long and she thinks they need to pet her. lol. But that's more of a rooo-rooo.

No but Bo likes to go lie in the hall way when anyone comes in so they have to step over him. I think it's his way of trying to work out if they like dogs or not. One of my son's band mates has literally hundreds of girls who adore him and it makes me laugh every time he visits as Bo positions himself so that the poor guy can't walk down the hall way or go up the stairs without having to step over him and the look on Bo's face is priceless as he knows exactly what he is doing intimidating the guy.

If they're out and about then no, no real barking just the rush to maul for new attention. If they're crated when someone stops by (repairman, late night visitor, etc), the apocolypse is happening and their frustrations at not being able to greet new people is heard rather clearly.