Cheyenne 1995-2012

26nikita

I had to give my Cheyenne a final face scratch and kiss on her head this morning. With the pain of Dakota's loss still so fresh, it was that much harder to say goodbye to her. She was in our lives for almost 17 years. It's just not going to be the same in this house with two of my most beloved gone from our home.

I got Cheyenne at the age of 21. I had just moved to Indianapolis with my 3 year son for a job opportunity when I decided it was time to have a pet of our own. I picked her out of, I think, a dozen kittens. She had a black mustouche that was just too cute to pass up. She has been through almost all of my adult life with me and all of Colton's childhood. She has moved to 5 homes with us over the years and tolerated the additon of a few more pets in her lifetime.

She didn't care if any door in the house was closed except my bedroom door. She would paw it for hours just for me to open it whether she wanted to come inside my room or not. She wasn't much of a cuddler but loved to lay in my lap whenever I sat on the couch in her younger years. Later she moved her sleeping spot to the back of the couch. She LOVED having her face scratched. When she was ready for some face scratching she would walk over to me and slowly reach her paw out to my cheek. She would paw my cheek until I turned to give her the attention she desired. Except for a few teeth being pulled last year and getting diagnosed with Kidney failure 6 months ago, she was a very healthy cat and never had issues. It was hard seeing her decline that past few months. I know she is at peace now and she will be missed.

post-3483-13586026281915_thumb.jpg

Mindy,

No words can erase the sadness you feel but may it help to know there are others who understand and care. Saying good bye to a faithful friend is difficult. With Greatest Sympathy.:angel:

Prayers and Thoughts for Cheyenne:heartbeat:

Husky Lovers in Vermont

I had to give my Cheyenne a final face scratch and kiss on her head this morning. With the pain of Dakota's loss still so fresh, it was that much harder to say goodbye to her. She was in our lives for almost 17 years. It's just not going to be the same in this house with two of my most beloved gone from our home.

I got Cheyenne at the age of 21. I had just moved to Indianapolis with my 3 year son for a job opportunity when I decided it was time to have a pet of our own. I picked her out of, I think, a dozen kittens. She had a black mustouche that was just too cute to pass up. She has been through almost all of my adult life with me and all of Colton's childhood. She has moved to 5 homes with us over the years and tolerated the additon of a few more pets in her lifetime.

She didn't care if any door in the house was closed except my bedroom door. She would paw it for hours just for me to open it whether she wanted to come inside my room or not. She wasn't much of a cuddler but loved to lay in my lap whenever I sat on the couch in her younger years. Later she moved her sleeping spot to the back of the couch. She LOVED having her face scratched. When she was ready for some face scratching she would walk over to me and slowly reach her paw out to my cheek. She would paw my cheek until I turned to give her the attention she desired. Except for a few teeth being pulled last year and getting diagnosed with Kidney failure 6 months ago, she was a very healthy cat and never had issues. It was hard seeing her decline that past few months. I know she is at peace now and she will be missed.

[ATTACH=full]42309[/ATTACH]

so sorry for your loss cheyanne was a real beauty ...was she full persian ...:rip: