husky pts because it killed a sheep

Someone I know's neighbours one year old husky got pts today because it was offlead and got in a farmers field and killed a sheep.

The farmer phoned the vet and demanded it be pts. :(

all because the owners didnt have it on a lead :cry1::cry1::cry1:

:rip: little man x

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds pretty drastic to pts a dog when it could have been given to a rescue for rehoming in an area where there is no sheep or livestock.

I agree, and the law states that the dog owner is liable for the damage caused by the dog and the farmer has a legal defense to shoot your dog if he feels it is the only way to prevent more livestock damage or worry, but I didn't find anything that gives him the right to demand that the dog gets put to sleep. Still, I suppose thats just semantics now. Poor dog, R.I.P.

OH FOR GODS SAKE WHEN WILL PEOPLE LEARN??

Copied from Claire at Share and Rachel from wiltshire huskies.....

Here we go again.. just been posted on my group page..... NEWS FLASH Just heard the owner of an alaskan malamute let his dog off in my Brother in law's field in Purton off Crickllade Road at Collins Lane and the dog attacked a ewe in lamb by the throat and killed it. Owner apprehended and the matter is in the hands of the police/c

ourt to decide on the dog's fate (believed it will be put down). Please owners take care not to trepass in farmed areas and do not let your dogs off there. I would even exercise my Bella at the farm and now the dog will have to pay the price. Attempts are being made to rescue the lamb in the mother at present.

Lambing season will mean more deaths, please people, share x

EDIT: THE DOG IN QUESTION WAS ONLY 17 MONTHS OLD.

HE IS NOW AT RAINBOW BRIDGE :(

OH FOR GODS SAKE WHEN WILL PEOPLE LEARN??

Copied from Claire at Share and Rachel from wiltshire huskies.....

Here we go again.. just been posted on my group page..... NEWS FLASH Just heard the owner of an alaskan malamute let his dog off in my Brother in law's field in Purton off Crickllade Road at Collins Lane and the dog attacked a ewe in lamb by the throat and killed it. Owner apprehended and the matter is in the hands of the police/c

ourt to decide on the dog's fate (believed it will be put down). Please owners take care not to trepass in farmed areas and do not let your dogs off there. I would even exercise my Bella at the farm and now the dog will have to pay the price. Attempts are being made to rescue the lamb in the mother at present.

Lambing season will mean more deaths, please people, share x

I really hope the court decides that its only a dangerous dog when accompanied by an irresponsible owner, and instead of having it PTS orders it rehomed with an owner who will be more aware of the dogs natural instinct.

I really hope the court decides that its only a dangerous dog when accompanied by an irresponsible owner, and instead of having it PTS orders it rehomed with an owner who will be more aware of the dogs natural instinct.

sorry but it was pts yeaterday

:banghead: There must be a way for us to reach more husky/malamute owners and get them to join the forum. The only way to stop this senseless killing is through educating them (the owners) about the dangers of off lead huskies :(

I wish rosemary. Me and Nix try hard on out sibes uk facebook group. We tell people all the time we do not condone it and theres always arguements about offlead sibes!

I wish rosemary. Me and Nix try hard on out sibes uk facebook group. We tell people all the time we do not condone it and theres always arguements about offlead sibes!

Yes, and it's usually one of the biggest arguments on here, also. I'm not even certain dog parks are a good idea for sibes if there is too much of a mix of different breeds.

Yes, and it's usually one of the biggest arguments on here, also. I'm not even certain dog parks are a good idea for sibes if there is too much of a mix of different breeds.

I know :( I wish people would heed the warning posts like this give and not do it :(

yes it could have been avoided...is called keep your dog onleash....have this argument every year with people in the woods where I walk and scooter a lot where there are a lot of deer...I have have the direct line to the forest controller to report them and they will come out and hand out € 60.- fines per dog...