ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ

Sarah

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

on a different note but still within the tread, I know of a great camp site that welcomes dogs and has had huskies there before, it is in Lincolnshire and is reasonably priced, they have electric hook up, hard standing and tented areas. the shower block is clean and the couple who own the site are really friendly so if anyone fancies a trip to Boston and and want a dog friendly place to stay I would really recommend it, its called Pilgrims Way caravan and camping park

on a different note but still within the tread, I know of a great camp site that welcomes dogs and has had huskies there before, it is in Lincolnshire and is reasonably priced, they have electric hook up, hard standing and tented areas. the shower block is clean and the couple who own the site are really friendly so if anyone fancies a trip to Boston and and want a dog friendly place to stay I would really recommend it, its called Pilgrims Way caravan and camping park

We have stayed there with our huskies and I agree, it is a lovely site & well worth the recommendation! They are doing a lot of work on the site too developing it. We've stayed there in our touring caravan a few times while Steve spends time with his kids near Boston! What a small world!!

The only "down" side is they have chickens that roam & are not averse to jumping into your awning / tent or even into the caravan, they love seeing what you're up to so you have to have your wits about you when they come calling for breakfast (or they'll end up as the dog's breakfast!!)

Molly and storm cover my area and me and someone else have a group for our town so I will let storm and Molly know of any meets we arrange xx

Ya know what, there is a bloody issue with everything ...... Ive got an idea, lets just cancel october camps?

Sorry I know some were said light heartly. However bare in mind the reason this exists is to ensure its fair for everyone, and no matter what we do with regards to october people have a problem with it.

With 6200+ member and counting, it's not surprise that nothing pleases everyone.

Shoot, y'all don't realize how good you've got it. Y'all broke tiny little Britain into 8 different parts and Britain is only 575 miles top to bottom, more or less, Sid&BellaNTX is (are?) 375 miles away from me. If the 6 of us who live in west Texas got together, we'd pull a total of close to 2,000 miles to get together.

Houston, San Antonio & Dallas could get together in Waco / Temple / Killeen :), but the cities are still 200+ miles apart. And you all have trains and can take your dogs with you ( if I've been reading that right? ) our train systems is the worlds worst, a bit pricey and absolutely no animals allowed - even as "baggage".

So let me finish this with a probably sarcastic comment - I'm seeing some real "poor me" comments cause you're out of the loop. How about a little less of that and a little more "Oh, I'm sorry, I can't make this one, it's too far - but I'll help set up one that closer to me next time."

With 6200+ member and counting, it's not surprise that nothing pleases everyone.

Shoot, y'all don't realize how good you've got it. Y'all broke tiny little Britain into 8 different parts and Britain is only 575 miles top to bottom, more or less, Sid&BellaNTX is (are?) 375 miles away from me. If the 6 of us who live in west Texas got together, we'd pull a total of close to 2,000 miles to get together.

Houston, San Antonio & Dallas could get together in Waco / Temple / Killeen :), but the cities are still 200+ miles apart. And you all have trains and can take your dogs with you ( if I've been reading that right? ) our train systems is the worlds worst, a bit pricey and absolutely no animals allowed - even as "baggage".

So let me finish this with a probably sarcastic comment - I'm seeing some real "poor me" comments cause you're out of the loop. How about a little less of that and a little more "Oh, I'm sorry, I can't make this one, it's too far - but I'll help set up one that closer to me next time."

That is so true Al!

We ARE spread apart...we would be better off doing a camp instead of just a meet. For last year's Iowa camp, I spent just over 32 total hours driving to spend about 48 hours at camp. WELL worth as it was one of the BEST experiences I've ever had.:pingu: This year though I'm taking more time off work. Probably heading out Tuesday afternoon.:yahoo:

For last year's Iowa camp, I spent just over 32 total hours driving to spend about 48 hours at camp. .:yahoo:

lol unless you drive incredibly slowly i dont think any of us could afford the petrol to go that far at over $2 a litre for the cheapest petrol. especially for 48 hours (however good they are)

id love to say i can organize one, but at moment i couldnt fully commit to the work involved....( yes people it DOES take HARD WORK and COMMITMENT... to organise these Camps.... nothing just falls in your lap.... research/visits to prospective sites, all the relevent info needed.... all takes peoples personal time.... BUT!!! i will say that any help needed i would gladly give my time to help, if at all possible..... work and stuff permitting...