Woolies?

Lavs

what in the heck is a wooly husky, are they just sibes that have longer hair than the other ones? Do they even really exhist? I'm lost on this, I've only really ever seen short haired or sorta fuzzy ones lol.

As far as I know they are basically long haired huskys

http://www.vetgen.com/canine-coat-length

The wooly coat in the Siberian breed is considered a default gene, but has recently been sought out after. They have been able to identify the gene which makes them either a wooly or rough or smooth coat. Our Sasha was short coat with wooly mix which gave her that lion looking face with a very feathered tail. Go to the link listed, it will give an explanation. Hope this helps with your question.

Husky Lovers in Vermont

what in the heck is a wooly husky, are they just sibes that have longer hair than the other ones? Do they even really exhist? I'm lost on this, I've only really ever seen short haired or sorta fuzzy ones lol.

just some huskies that have a longer, fluffier coat :D genetic issues. Idk dominant/recessive :confused: this is considered as a fault and woolly huskies aren't acceptable in the show ring. EVEN IF SO, they are very cute and cuddly and I am very proud to tell you that my husky is a woolly :D here he is

http://www.husky-owners.com/forum/threads/err-help-please.37842/

EDIT: in case u might ask, no. Woolly huskies aren't some kind of a subspecies of huskies and they are just huskies in a somewhat different package. Other woolly owners: Vlad (Vlad) Liz Jones (Indi) and... kper (kenai RIP)

ok so....if neither of the parents are woolies then there may still be a chance of a puppy being wooly (genes from grandparents) but can u tell in puppyhood if thats what they are going to be? my girl is fluffy but not too fluffy, like, her puffy undercoat is probably only 1cm or less shorter than her topcoat.

Yep, she looks like she'll have a normal coat. Wooly coats are softer, and don't really have the harsher guard coat top layer. Because of this, they are less water and wind-proof, and will tend to both soak up water (and stay wet!) and form mats more easily than a usual coat. I'm not sure of the genetics - it could be simple recessive, as two normal coated parents can produce wooly offspring, however it could also be a more complex, multiple gene situation.

ok so....if neither of the parents are woolies then there may still be a chance of a puppy being wooly (genes from grandparents) but can u tell in puppyhood if thats what they are going to be? my girl is fluffy but not too fluffy, like, her puffy undercoat is probably only 1cm or less shorter than her topcoat.

yes grandparents' genes may play a part too :) and usually you can easily tell will a puppy be woolly or not. But not always, as huskies are just full of surprises x)