Zoey has some ouchies :(

my friends mal got annoyed with Zoey tonight and attacked her, Zoey doesn't fight back so she has some nasty puncture wounds..

only 1 of the 4

photo4-6.jpg

photo2-8.jpg

and this shows 2 of them

photo3-7.jpg

I put some antiseptic on it, and now she's sleeping. Should I take her to a vet or just keep cleaning it myself?

Definitely agree that big one should go to a vet it looks pretty deep. When Kiana got into a spat with my corgi mix she put a hole in her head and we took her in right away do to the depth of it and the vet agreed it was the right decision as it needed three or four staples and a good thorough cleaning:( Hope she heals well poor girl.

The wounds don't look bad enough to require stitches. But it'd probably be best to go to the vet to get antibiotics in order to avoid an infection. Don't risk letting those wounds turn into something drastic. Zoey will most likely be fine, but definitely get a vet's opinion!

Aww hugs to your girl from me and my pack. Valentime said she know how she feels, another dog attacked her once and punctured under her eye. The vet gave her antibiotics and cleaned it real good, and she healed right up.

they wont stitch it but she will need antibiotics - when skyla got attacked she had a wound like the 1 zoey has on her head , on her side but bigger and they didnt stitch it up incase of infection - it healed nicely tho but she did have 2 be on antibiotics anti imflammitory and they gave me some stuff to clean it with and some cream to put on too

hope shes ok soon

I can't see the pictures (blocked at work), but when my boy Viggo got into a tiff with Bear (my non-Husky), he got a pretty deep puncture wound on his leg. My boyfriend and I got him to the vet a couple of days later (we cleaned it up real well, my vet wasn't open the day after it happened) and Viggo was given antibiotics and 4 small staples were put into his leg. The staples stayed in for a while (he eventually licked them out, ugh) and the leg healed perfectly.

Poor Zoey, what a horrible thing to happen to her. When Bo got attacked in the off lead dog park he had a horrid puncture wound. The vet said they don't stitch puncture wounds and to bathe the wound to keep it clean. Bo had a course of antibiotics to keep infection away. I do know that some people have antibiotic powder that they put in the wound. But I for one would go to the vets to be on the safe side.

I just got home from work, trimmed the hair around the wounds and put neosporin on it. It looks way better and looks like it might be starting to close :D

She's feeling way better tonight I can tell, she's finally running around and playing again :) If she's better again in the morning I'm gonna see how she reacts to going to the dog park, I hope she's not afraid of the dogs :( I know this one scared her a lot.

IMG_5662.jpg

IMG_5664.jpg

IMG_5668.jpg

IMG_5669.jpg

and how she's spent the last 20 minutes :lolman:

IMG_5675.jpg