Anyone got this TV ?

ive got 2 3d tvs neither gets watched but i also have this 3d projector http://www.maplin.co.uk/3d-hd-ready-720p-dlpandreg-projector-587516 which i got from argos for 399 bought some cheap 3d glasses from maplin with a reciever that goes to your nvidia pc graphics card and the results are amazing ,i wouldnt of bought the tvs if i had of known as 3d looks crap small even at 50 inch it doesnt stand out anywhere near as the projectror.

when you can project a 3d image 12 ft wide it stands out a whole lot more, if your considerering buying 3d then i would recomend the projector. the bulb last 4000 hours and costs around 80 quid to replace. although 4000 hours is a long time

it also warms your room lol

How you picked that just for the review you seen the price :eek: same tv in currys ...........

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/lg-50pw450t-50-hd-ready-plasma-3d-tv-10096504-pdt.html

I agree with sparks I think 3d is still a no and miles to soon, there are loads of them out there and this price range ones are mostly crap its not a full Hd its only 1024 x 768 and for that price you could easy get a 1920 x 1080p :)

Asking before buying is always a great idea :)

How you picked that just for the review you seen the price :eek: same tv in currys ...........

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/lg-50pw450t-50-hd-ready-plasma-3d-tv-10096504-pdt.html

I agree with sparks I think 3d is still a no and miles to soon, there are loads of them out there and this price range ones are mostly crap its not a full Hd its only 1024 x 768 and for that price you could easy get a 1920 x 1080p :)

Asking before buying is always a great idea :)

I didnt pay £899 for mine Dunc, ive paid £700, the reason ive bought it from there is so I can pay it off bit by bit. I aint got the money to buy one outright (If i had that sort of money i would be going to camp :P)

I havent actually got HD on my sky package because I dont see a huge difference TBH. Maybe the TV I have isnt full HD I have no idea :confused:

I would just get a good quality standard TV but then again I don't see the point in HD or 3D to be honest as majority of TV I watch are normal TV programs. I don't even have a widescreen TV as I don't like it and my current Sony TV is about 15 years old and still perfect. Let others pay for the technology advancements and then buy when the price is far more reasonable

The emphasis on 1920x1080p is probably a way to give the impression that the TV is BluRay ready.Does it matter? It depends on how close we sit to this 50" plasma HDTV. You would need to be inside 4 feet to see a difference between 1920x1080 and 1024x768. Its not like it's a major difference as like between DVD and VHS. Plus 1080p processor might accept 1920x1080p and process at that resolution but it usually downscales to native 1024x768 resolution for display so really where is the difference.

The emphasis on 1920x1080p is probably a way to give the impression that the TV is BluRay ready.Does it matter? It depends on how close we sit to this 50" plasma HDTV. You would need to be inside 4 feet to see a difference between 1920x1080 and 1024x768. Its not like it's a major difference as like between DVD and VHS. Plus 1080p processor might accept 1920x1080p and process at that resolution but it usually downscales to native 1024x768 resolution for display so really where is the difference.

I have a 1080i TV got it before 1080p came out and yes you can tell a massive difference going down to 1024x768 is even worst and anyone that tells you other wise m8 as more wrong with there eyes than me and mine are bad :D

Dunc, we have 1080i on this tv we have now and ive just changed down to 720P using the sky functions but I honestly did not see a difference enough for me to say this TV isnt worth buying. The 3D IMO outweighs the tiny difference I see. We can download 3D movies for free ( I didnt just admit that :P )

If I really want too watch a movie in true HD I will go upstairs and watch it in bed in comfort on the full HD 42". If Its not something im too fussed about HD or if its in 3D I will watch it downstairs x

Dunc, we have 1080i on this tv we have now and ive just changed down to 720P using the sky functions but I honestly did not see a difference enough for me to say this TV isnt worth buying. The 3D IMO outweighs the tiny difference I see. We can download 3D movies for free ( I didnt just admit that :P )

If I really want too watch a movie in true HD I will go upstairs and watch it in bed in comfort on the full HD 42". If Its not something im too fussed about HD or if its in 3D I will watch it downstairs x

Thats cool being happy is what its all about :)

I have seen a lot of TV's with the so called same specs and no 2 different makes are the same its the same with computers as Tony knows you can get same stuff in different makes one is crap the other is great.

Enjoy :)