Marleys really poorly :(

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marley, we are so sorry to hear that you are not feeling well. Get home soon because you are very missed!! Husky Hugs to your Humans and your friend Kayak from across the pond

.:lovebone::heartbeat::lovebone::heartbeat::lovebone::heartbeat::lovebone::heartbeat::lovebone::heartbeat::lovebone::heartbeat::lovebone::heartbeat::lovebone::heartbeat::lovebone::heartbeat::lovebone::heartbeat::lovebone::heartbeat::lovebone::heartbeat::lovebone::heartbeat::lovebone::heartbeat::lovebone::heartbeat::lovebone::heartbeat::lovebone::heartbeat::lovebone::heartbeat::lovebone::heartbeat::lovebone::doglick::doglick::doglick::doglick::doglick:[ATTACH=full]39728[/ATTACH]

HUSKY LOVERS IN VERMONT!:heartbeat:

Marley is improving slowly, he has managing to wag his tail and lift his head but still has diarrhea and is still on a drip and antibiotics. Gotta ring again this afternoon

Akuma had a spell like this, he had pancreatitis and after a few days he was as right as rain, glad to see Marley has improved a bit, sounds like they are taking grea care of him. Take care of yourself x x

Marley is improving slowly, he has managing to wag his tail and lift his head but still has diarrhea and is still on a drip and antibiotics. Gotta ring again this afternoon

I sure hope Marley will continue to improve, poor boy-we are still thinking of you and our prayers to the gods for you both in this time. Fingers and paws crossed and wishing for the best, quickest and full recovery. He's one of our family and we keep him in our minds always in this

Is he still on the IV? Does he also have a bowl of water accessible?

When Ryn was in, they got her hydrated ok, but she wouldn't eat for them and had to be released early so we could get something in her tummy. She was pretty lethargic when she got home, but she ate a bit right away which was a good sign.

Let us know as you find out how things are going....

Another hug from Ryn and I.

Is he still on the IV? Does he also have a bowl of water accessible?

When Ryn was in, they got her hydrated ok, but she wouldn't eat for them and had to be released early so we could get something in her tummy. She was pretty lethargic when she got home, but she ate a bit right away which was a good sign.

Let us know as you find out how things are going....

Another hug from Ryn and I.

He is still on the drip hun because he still has severe diarrhea and has vomited today.

Marley Bear & Lumi's Mummy - Have they ruled out and/or treated for giardia? Not sure how common it is in your area (commonly called beaver fever in North America) but if it's not on the vet's radar it would be a good idea to test for - some dogs are far more sensitive to it than others - my last husky cross caught it all the time. The most obvious sign is diarrhea that has a very distinct and exceptionally gag-inducing odor, though it sounds quite extreme in Marley. Giardia can be quite serious if untreated, but fortunately can be treated rather easily once it is identified. Anti-biotics are useless as it is a parasite.

This is a good website describing symptoms and treatment - I hope it is nothing more serious than this with Marley!

http://www.vetmed.wisc.edu/pbs/zoonoses/GIk9fel/giardia.html

Marley is in the animal hospital at the moment on antibiotics and a drip :( He has been lethargic today and wouldnt eat anything (I tried loads of stuff) This evening he had severe diarrhea (I wouldnt even describe it as diarrhea, it was just water) It had no consistency to it at all. It was foul smelling and he was starting to look really poorly so we rushed him up to the animal hospital and they have started treatment ASAP.

We dont know whats wrong but the vet has said it doesnt look like parvo and looks more like gastroenteritis as he isnt vomiting.

I really hope my poor baby is feeling better soon :( I hated seeing him so poorly and I just want him back home with me. :cry1:

Please pray he is ok :cry1:

oh dear i do hope marley is ok ...i will say a prayer for him ...lots of love to everyone ...and husky hugs

Marley Bear & Lumi's Mummy - Have they ruled out and/or treated for giardia? Not sure how common it is in your area (commonly called beaver fever in North America) but if it's not on the vet's radar it would be a good idea to test for - some dogs are far more sensitive to it than others - my last husky cross caught it all the time. The most obvious sign is diarrhea that has a very distinct and exceptionally gag-inducing odor, though it sounds quite extreme in Marley. Giardia can be quite serious if untreated, but fortunately can be treated rather easily once it is identified. Anti-biotics are useless as it is a parasite.

This is a good website describing symptoms and treatment - I hope it is nothing more serious than this with Marley!

http://www.vetmed.wisc.edu/pbs/zoonoses/GIk9fel/giardia.html

Just phoned and mentioned this so I think it will be looked into x