How much should a 8 week puppy weigh?

Hello, I have my puppy here Milo who will be 8 weeks in two days. (I don't want to hear about he is too young before 8 weeks thing, I know, thank you:))

He weight about 7 pounds now. Is this the average range for a puppy who is about 8 weeks? I think by this friday he will already be 8 pounds or 7 pounds and a half!

He is growing at SUPER rate !

Thank you :)

And do you have any advices for puppy who bite socks and shoes other than ignoring him? Or is ignoring his behavior the best thing so he won't do it again? Thank you :)

And what is your favorite technique for when your puppy bites?

post-4-13836896751033_thumb.jpg

post-6887-1358602013541_thumb.jpg

diva was roughly 6.5kilos when we got her at 8 weeks which converted in to pounds is is just over 14 but then she was quite a chucky pup lol x

Hello, I have my puppy here Milo who will be 8 weeks in two days. (I don't want to hear about he is too young before 8 weeks thing, I know, thank you:))

He weight about 7 pounds now. Is this the average range for a puppy who is about 8 weeks? I think by this friday he will already be 8 pounds or 7 pounds and a half!

He is growing at SUPER rate !

Thank you :)

And do you have any advices for puppy who bite socks and shoes other than ignoring him? Or is ignoring his behavior the best thing so he won't do it again? Thank you :)

And what is your favorite technique for when your puppy bites?

We got ours young too, you aren't alone, and the bite inhibition is the hardest to teach when they leave the litter young as there are no brothers or sisters to let them know when it hurts.

What worked best for us was to yelp, cross arms and turn my nose up at him....totally ignoring him. I would turn away also. Kind of like a snotty teenager. He hated it but after a while he got the idea that sometimes he was too roigh and that meant end of play.

We still have to remind him sometimes to be gentle so he has learnt the command words 'gently' (which was very useful when we introduced pup number 2)...and 'enough'...he'l stop play striaght away if we tell him this.

Good to see another Montrealer on this forum. Where are you located in Montreal? I live in the Pointe-Aux-Trembles area. Anyway, the weight of the pup is fine at this point. As far as the socks, a firm "no" and ignoring method is best at this time. Replace the sock with a chew toy at the time of the infraction. We received our Husky at 7 weeks so I know what you mean. You'll be fine...

We got Loki at seven weeks and Safi at eight, they were 7lb 8oz and 8lb 8oz respectively. I agree with the yelp technique for biting and if he goes for your socks say AH AH loud an firm and replace your feet/shoes with a toy, same with things he may take that he shouldn't have. Remove them and give back a toy then he learns what's his an what's not

Id say that 8 to 12 pound is ok. chewy was around 16 pounds at 8 weeks but i assume that was the mal in him lol.

as for the nippy-ness, ignoring is ok but if that doesnt work try giving him treats to chew ( to tire him out) and also look up stuff on here,

theres a wealth of good tricks to use lol.