Top Posters In This Topic

Action

Crime

Dark Fantasy

Graphic Novels

Horror

Thrillers and Suspense

That do for a start :)

Sorry, I probably can't help you much then... You might try C.J. Cherryh - she writes both SF/Fantasy. LOTS of action in quite a number of them, but still good writing, characters, and so on... Haven't read much by her I haven't liked, although there are some I like better than others.

If you do books I can probably help with a few if you give me some authors. If Rosemary's no help, just give it some Thyme.

Thats the problem I got am stuck as to which authors are out there that I not read already :confused:

Some of my favourites have been......

Kelley Armstrong

Lee Child

James Patterson

shaun hutson

Dean koontz

But over the last 6 months or so I have read everything they have out in either book format or Audio books :)

I'm personally no help with that selection. I read:

Westerns (of course) as a passtime.

Science-fiction with the emphasis on the science. If the science isn't any good I normally pass.

Historical Novels again with an emphasis, if the history is bad then it's a pass.

'course there are some I read just for the enjoyment.... but 75% of my reading's done off the monitor.

I'm personally no help with that selection. I read:

Westerns (of course) as a passtime.

Science-fiction with the emphasis on the science. If the science isn't any good I normally pass.

Historical Novels again with an emphasis, if the history is bad then it's a pass.

'course there are some I read just for the enjoyment.... but 75% of my reading's done off the monitor.

You'd probably like Cherryh's SF, then, Al - when she plotted out her universe, she took sheets of plexiglass and made herself a 3-D map of the stars, as I recall! Cyteen is particularly good, although slow to get into - explores the issues in cloning humans...

Dunc, some of my other favourites are

Harlan Coben - his series on Myron Bolitar, a sports agent is good

Ian Rankin - brilliant - his Inpector Rebus series set in Scotland is great

Michael Connolly - His Harry Bosch books are great

Johnathan Kellerman - his early stuff is very good about a psychologist working with police

Women crime/thriller/suspense authors, who in my opinion are better than their male counterparts

Faye Kellerman - brilliant !!!

Karin Slaughter

Kathy Reichs

Patricia Cornwell

Happy reading :yahoo:

Dunc, some of my other favourites are

Harlan Coben - his series on Myron Bolitar, a sports agent is good

Ian Rankin - brilliant - his Inpector Rebus series set in Scotland is great

Michael Connolly - His Harry Bosch books are great

Johnathan Kellerman - his early stuff is very good about a psychologist working with police

Women crime/thriller/suspense authors, who in my opinion are better than their male counterparts

Faye Kellerman - brilliant !!!

Karin Slaughter

Kathy Reichs

Patricia Cornwell

Happy reading :yahoo:

I knew you would come good :clap:

You'd probably like Cherryh's SF, then, Al - when she plotted out her universe, she took sheets of plexiglass and made herself a 3-D map of the stars, as I recall! Cyteen is particularly good, although slow to get into - explores the issues in cloning humans...

Cherryh is a very good read - I have a few of her books on disk. At the moment I'm going through a box of old westerns so I can send them on to someone else.