Sign in to follow this  
siberian_wolf

Dates for October camp

Do any of the camps ever take place in Yorkshire?

Not as yet - the October camp is held in a different place each year - yorkshire has been looked at as a possibility for next year :)

damn bristol is like 3 hours + for us, was hoping to go to the october camp as we couldnt go to the april camp! :(

Me and Nadine arent gonna be able to make it :( we were looking at the October camp to be our first but never mind :( will have to hope for the near future that itll be closer to us, even though Bristol doesnt seem that far for many people, it does for us as we dont have transport. Would only be able to be transported locally, so dont think camp for us is ever going to happen lol Have fun though :)

Right, thats April camp finished... I am now ready for October camp :up:

Right, thats April camp finished... I am now ready for October camp :up:

Me too !! To be honest I'll happily travel wherever really as it's always good to get away :wave:

TBH Bristol would be a good loaction for a camp mainly due to good motorway links. When we went to Derbyshire it was a 7 hour trip, north Wales was 6 hours and all minor road travel. TBH where ever a camp is held not everyone will be pleased its the way things are, but try not to put a downer on it for others especially those who are trying to organise it. Within reason I will travel most places, its not as if I dont have any problems with family, dogs, cost etc either. But expecting every camp traveling time for everyone to be under 3 hours with little cost is impossible.

I think Oct is hopefully supposed to be regional which makes this thread kinda pointless now (i THINK) lol

Lol yeah I think it might be Molly which will make things better for a lot of people. Not everyone are hardened travelers like us lol.

I've not read through the whole thread but if the next camp is in the south, then Moll's dad and I are up for it.:D

Lol yeah I think it might be Molly which will make things better for a lot of people. Not everyone are hardened travelers like us lol.

Exactly. But like you said no matter what they do people wont be happy lol

Just means more people can experience it even if it is on a smaller scale

I may get slated for this but predominantly, having read through all the thread people in the north seem less willing to put themselves out to make camp in a more southern location which is sad. Especially as south is warmer at that time of year and Bristol is a doodle to get to. Plus people in the south make an effort to drive all the way up here.. We've done Bodmin with three dogs in a car and mull with four. Each taking 6+ hours. Come on northerners, we're not supposed to be the softies! Lol

there will be 3 camps held around the UK

A northern one, a southern one and a midlands one - as yet the area coordinators are searching for the best places x

Apologies for the delay in choosing a camp site for the South! I'm one of the area coordinators but I'm in the busiest time of the year for my right now as I've just handed in my dissertation and have exams in a weeks time. Between revision this week I'll pick out some potential sites, chat with the other southern coordinator and get arranging things! Hopefully within a couple of weeks I'll be able to announce a location!

how does essex as a camp site sound??? i know a really good place ideal for camp.......

[MENTION=2580]Hy'Shqa[/MENTION] is organising a southern one if you message her the details x