siberpaws introduction

Hi there all

Smeagle, the comments were not made by you, so stop getting paranoid.

A little rude dont you think? Bec has an opinion and on this forum she is allowed to voice it! I think your confusing clarification with paranoia.

The comment that was made is:-

Personally would steer clear of that one. Won't elaborate more on a forum, but know a bit about their 'practices'

I do not know who they know what my practices are, I have never met this person in my life.

As I said previously, out of the thirty eight dogs I have sold, I have had only one person that they thought they have had cause to complain. This was resolved when the person was asked for the vet bill, so I could see what treatment was paid for; all I got was an abusive email.

If you look back all i have said is positive things about you, i mailed you a while back and you were very pleasant, i liked the look of your website but the way your handling things does not portray you in a better light. I agree with Sarah, let it lie, people have opinions on here and are more than welcome to share them, however we can all still be nice to eachother:)

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi there all, I have had may say and have been grateful for the support !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Onto bigger and better thing.

I had a phone call tonight, a person who I refused a dog on health grounds, has managed to get two sibes and has bred them. The reason I refuse was on the basis that he was on crutches. He approached a sibe re-homing program and was able to get two of these wonderful dogs. The sibes were also not neutered and nature has taken its course. He has a big sign on his front window, advertising the progeny of this mating for 500. Who in their right mind would re home sibes to a person that is that disabled and let them go unnuetured

Who in their right mind would re home sibes to a person that is that disabled and let them go unnuetured

evenin welcome to the site, not gonna get into the breedin aspect of it as its none of my beeswax was this person on crutches permanently or just temp?

I don't think being disabled should stop you from owning any breed of dog providing that you can look after it. One of the people on here is (cant remember the name) in a wheelchair and she manages just fine, don't judge a book by it's cover my cousin has a black lab and he has downs syndrome, it was the best thing he ever did gettin that dog

just my opinion

To be honest I too would agree with the above ..... I am not aware on what basis the person in question has bred the sibes, and therefore cannot comment, however with regards to the rehoming place you were talking about, it sounds to me like your a little annoyed they were rehomed to someone who is disabled.

If you look at it in that way I guess I myself am unable of being alpha of my pack .... For no other reason than I do not have 20+kg of pure muscle, jaws that can crush bone, and I am not a K9.

Sounds daft I know but the principle is the same. The person mentioned above is a member called Sarah (not the admin) who has done things I could not do even if I tried. I think refusing on the basis that someone purely on the basis that they are on crutches is extremely harsh. Assuming this is a perminant thing, someone who is on crutches would also be able to use a wheelchair.

I don't think being disabled should stop you from owning any breed of dog providing that you can look after it.

I agree,added to rep :) My brother's disabled as well and he adores coming walking with my boys, ok yes, he can walk but has sever brain damage - he can't look after himself let alone a dog so in that instance I would say i would be worried if a breeder sold him a dog, having a physical disability though and owning a dog, could actually help some people - it may give them motivation for pushing themselves to get out more or to feel more confident :)

Siberpaws (sorry, still don't know your name, gonna call you Fred in a bit lol) how old were the dogs when this man got them - I know many shelters / rehoming centres don't neuter before a certain age for health reasons - some offer vouchers so that when the dog / bitch is old enough, they can take them to be neutered without having to pay

evenin welcome to the site, not gonna get into the breedin aspect of it as its none of my beeswax was this person on crutches permanently or just temp?

I don't think being disabled should stop you from owning any breed of dog providing that you can look after it. One of the people on here is (cant remember the name) in a wheelchair and she manages just fine, don't judge a book by it's cover my cousin has a black lab and he has downs syndrome, it was the best thing he ever did gettin that dog

just my opinion

I agree, added to rep:)

I know people who have a disability which could be anything as small as having a cold >> for that week when im ill i am at a disability >> to having neurological problems. I think you have to fully undertsand ones ability before you judge them >> crutches? My mate was in crutches for a month and still managed to walk his little staffie cross Tyson, of course there was his family too.

So this thread is just a thinly veiled attempt to discredit another breeder who is also a member here? I also warned Ice away from your kennels in the thread you are referring to, but you're not referring to me so...

Isn't this what the anti-Dreamcatcher website your associated with is for? I don't see the need for anyone to air their dirty laundry on this forum, so hopefully if you are going to be an active member here, that this will be the end of this :)

im gonna sit on the fence on this one, if i for some reason had to rehome one of my hounds, i would see crutches as a problem, if the person had say only broken a leg, time in plaster + rehabilitation time = how long with no real exercise for the dog, that could be delt with by waiting to rehome, but a permnatly on crutches i would say no, i have 2 perfectly good legs and the boys have had me over b4 , i wouldnt dare walk them on crutches, and i know squidge has a wheel chair , and she has admitted she did struggle with pullin, and she has a trainer, i would still see that as a problem , and even if that could be dealt with i wouldnt give the person 2 dogs, the breeding thing, yes accidents do happen , especially if you have a girl dog and a boy dog , one or the other if not both should have been done b4 they were rehomed, or a time limit to get them done should have been set.

on to other forms of disability, i have been on the recieving end of this just recently, walking the boys and my mum had her dog , (nasty doggie) all on leads, big dog comes running over and launches an attack, it was off lead, owner of said dog comes wondering over , and smiles and carries on walking while we r shouting at him to get his dog , hes lucky its still in one peice, a woman comes over and says, dont bother shouting at him, hes not right in the head, hes been reported loads of times cause he has no control over the dog, but they r unwilling to do anything cause hes disabled ,

so i am sure there are many disabled ppl out there who do have dogs , and look after them and do things right , im just saying each situation should be looked at on its own merits, and to be honest does any body really think that there arnt better breeds of dog suitable for ppl on crutches or with disabilitys than the breed we all know and love to be a bit of a handful?

So this thread is just a thinly veiled attempt to discredit another breeder who is also a member here? I also warned Ice away from your kennels in the thread you are referring to, but you're not referring to me so...

Isn't this what the anti-Dreamcatcher website your associated with is for? I don't see the need for anyone to air their dirty laundry on this forum, so hopefully if you are going to be an active member here, that this will be the end of this :)

Yup I agree!

you know what, i'm not even gonna get into a slanging match as that won't solve ANYthing. If you are referring to disabled people in general then you are a closed minded little person who cannot see the bigger picture. If this person was permanently on crutches and has no access to any other means of getting about then i would be wary about this person owning a dog of any kind, unless they have the time and money and maybe even a little help (as in a wife/child etc) to train them, it is possible to train them not to pull. Now my girl did pull but i have spent time, money and effort on training her...she does not NOT pull but she is better and i can control her.

Now obviously you didn't realise there was a disabled person on this forum before you made that comment, or else i don't think you would have said anything...it does not mean you should be making these sorts of comments anyway. And you don't want people to pass judgement on you as a breeder, but you are passing judgement on an individual, how does that make you any better?

Smeagle

At present, I have no problem with you and I hope it stays that way. As I do not know you I will give you the benefit of doubt.

As far as the website that you mentioned, I had no intention of mentioning it, as it is no longer valid.

Once things had quietened down on sibespace after the threat of legal action, I withdrew my support for the site and the link was withdrawn. I am no longer associated with that site. I still have all the printouts of all that was said on that site. If I had really wanted to do any damage, I would have given them to my brother and got him to publish them.

Remember it is not me that is airing any dirty laundry in public now, any one drawing attention to past arguements with someone else from 14/15 months ago, in my view is doing the airing.

As I said previous, as far as I am concerned, I will drop any further mention of the comments and hope that will be the end of it.

My point about this, is that I have no problems with some one who is disabled, I am registered disabled, as I suffer from agoraphobia. There are people out there who are able bodied that I would not let have a baby let alone a husky.

As far as this gentleman was concerned, is that he was struggling on these crutches. We allowed him to try and walk one of our older placid dogs, who pulled him over. He is not in a wheelchair and our worry was that he was going to have problem with certain aspects.

These concerns were, being pulled over, being knocked over, cleaning up after him/her. Then since he had no garden front or back, with any fencing. he also had problems bending over and cleaning up after the dog. Also he is in sheltered/council ground floor housing, which is so small that you could not swing a cat in.

What are the use of doing home checks if people are allowed just to get the dogs from rescue, then breeding them and allowing them to have puppies; under these circumstances. Just doing a quick home check, led both of us to believe that he was not suitable.

Having two adult huskies and three puppies in that situation is not a good situation to either the dogs or owner.

As far as this gentleman was concerned, is that he was struggling on these crutches. We allowed him to try and walk one of our older placid dogs, who pulled him over. He is not in a wheelchair and our worry was that he was going to have problem with certain aspects.

These concerns were, being pulled over, being knocked over, cleaning up after him/her. Then since he had no garden front or back, with any fencing. he also had problems bending over and cleaning up after the dog. Also he is in sheltered/council ground floor housing, which is so small that you could not swing a cat in.

What are the use of doing home checks if people are allowed just to get the dogs from rescue, then breeding them and allowing them to have puppies; under these circumstances. Just doing a quick home check, led both of us to believe that he was not suitable.

Having two adult huskies and three puppies in that situation is not a good situation to either the dogs or owner.

That i agree with, a person who cannot actually move properly and as a result cant look after the puppy to a satisfactory level....shouldn't have one...especc a sibe. Only thinking of the pup!

I agree with the reasoning in you second post siberpaws. You should have put this in your first post as all you did was opened yourself up for the critisism you quite rightly recieved by saying you didnt let them have a husky purely on the grounds they were on crutched. Whereas what you should have said is that you didnt let them have the husky on the grounds that you didnt feel they could look after the dog due to checking they could cope. OK so that is simply a differing of words.

As far as the website is concerned I'm sorry but I do not agree that us bringing up a public website is aring dirty laundry. That was done so by yourselves, and since the site is still live whether there is a link on your forum or not, no matter how long ago, the issue will still remain with yourself. If your brother is the one who put the website live and you talk to your brother, then you should have asked him to take the site, and the negative comments offline.

Now bare in mind before I post this that if Im completely honesy most main breeders annoy the hell out of me because of the "My way or no way" attitude that seems to go with it (hence the reason we are a husky owners site only). The website was originally set up to discredit another breeder because of negative emails going backward and forward between yourselves. Now what it actually did was to discredit yourselves because 1. the nature of the emails, whether edited or otherwise made yourselves sound extremely arrogant and not very nice people to deal with, and 2. Nobody who has any knowledge of making a decent reputation for themselves whatsoever would make a website in public, and if one was done so with their name attached would try to have it removed so as to save their reputation.

So in answer to all of the above posts, the reputation you have has been gained because you "marketed" yourself in that way. No other reason whatsoever. You/your brother chose to publicly post yourself ina negative light on numerious forums, all of which I am a member, and build websites based on discrediting another breeder.

If you want my advice? I would try to best to get the website taken down, as it is not 18 month etc etc ago, it is current as it still exists on the internet and has yours name on it. Secondly I would have a serious chat with your family and let them know youf would rather deal with your own affairs, as to be quite frank they are making you look like an extremely bad person.

From the way you have posted so far on here, with the exception of trying to subtly bring up shwa (supprise Im not an idiot) you have made yourself out to be a fairly reasonable guy. I would suggest you take the advice from someone who deals with website marketing every single day of his life. This is not a husky thing, its a marketing reputational thing. And so far your doing it extremely badly.

Since I do not have control of this site, I personally can not remove it. I have asked and it is up to the person that runs it.

As for the content of the site, as you know marc, what has been put on the site is public domain and that the person concerned posted that information on one of those sites. I must admit I had forgotten that David had that site up and running.

that information was removed from that site, after the threats of lawsuits were posted. As you know Marc, that these actions were taken by David, as I did not want to get dragged into it.

As far as putting myself in the bad light on this site, that is not of my doing. If people put vailed allegations, with what seems to have no foundation and raise matters, which had been sorted a year ago. I have not mentioned anyone here and I do not intend to.

I thought that this had alll been put to bed last night and again this afternoon. I have twice said that I would let it go, but it seems that people will not let it rest.

As far as bringing up SHWA, all I said is a husky rehoming organisation, because I do not know as of yet who it was, or I would have named and shamed the people invovled. As I feel that this was an irresponsible act on who ever did it. As far as the SHWA is concerned, I have no problems with them, they do good work and I wish the success in the future.

It is what other people read between the lines, causes the trouble. I will not name anyone or make vailed comments, unless I have proof.

I thought that this had alll been put to bed last night and again this afternoon. I have twice said that I would let it go, but it seems that people will not let it rest.

problem solved ........thread closed