siberpaws introduction

Hi there, thought that I would join this forum, as I have noticed comments made about our kennels (siberpaws)

At present, I have six adult sibes and twelve puppies in the nursery. The adults are Ivan, Myah, Holly, Zoe, Misty and Ruby. I also have a neutered Gsd, I say that he is neutered as I do not want people to think I am cross breeding my dogs.

Before I started with sibes (7 years ago) both my wife and I have had the privilege to breed separately St Bernards and staffies. When we got together we decided to go for a different breed, after alot of research and meeting breeders we opted for sibes.

Some people out there seem to be passing comments about us, as a kennel and you know nothing about us. So just to put the record straight.:2gunsfiring_v1:

1. All our dogs are health tested, (hip scored and eye tested). Twice we have had accidents and rather get the injection done to abort the puppies we have let them have the pups. Now we have all our dogs that are eight months of age given a course of contraception. Since the dogs are under age, then we can not K.C. resister them.

2. All our puppies at the age of eight weeks, are vet checked and the first injection given. If there are any concerns with the dogs then we note it in the contract.

3. When we sell any of our puppies, the people come and visit at four weeks so we can meet them to see if they are suitable. If they are, then they have a four week cooling off period, if they wish to change their minds. If we have any concerns, where the puppies are going too, then we do a home check.

4. We have a contract, which they are all made aware of, when they come to visit from week 4. They have to sign this, before we allow them to leave. There are no exceptions to this rule. They also receive an information sheet and they are also told to come to us first, for information over teething problems.

We are not puppy farmers, nor back yard breeders as some of you like to call it. BYB applies to all people who breed their dogs, it is to much of a generalisation. I do not breed for profit, or for the fun of it. All the money we make goes back into the dogs.

Why are these people who make these remarks and do not substantiate their comments, by telling us what they supposedly know. Out of thirty eight dogs that I have sold, I have had only one complaint and if anyone wants to know what that complaint was then I will PM the email, if I still have it.

My last comment is, that I will take action, actively over any injustice I see with dogs being bred under age on purpose. I do not sit on the pages of this, or any other forums, passing judgement on people I do not know. So why is anyone else doing it.

The people who are passing comments, lets see the proof, before you pass comment on me. You have never met me or my dogs, unlike one person on this page who has had the time to come and see us.

I will take constructive criticism, if you have met me and my dogs. Not comments when you have not even met me.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all I would like to welcome you to the site. I have seen you and David around for a while now and have been waiting for one of you to post a responce in relation to a thread that was posted some time ago.

The thread that was posted was to ask peoples opinions of a specific breeder, this one being yourself. If you read the full thread, you will see that there was rather a heated debate on what a byb was in the first place. As you said above, this is a very general term used to describe someone who breeds inapropriatly. What inappropriate is depends on the point of view of the person making that decision for themselves.

This said however, the thread in question was not closed as I wanted people to have an opinion. The original question was asking whether you were a good breeder or not in other peoples opinions. This, no matter which way you look at it, is nothing more than a person being responsible about buying a Siberian Husky. This will only ever be encouraged on this site, and I'm sure you will find the same on many other sites regardless of the breed.

Now I understand that you wished to put across your point of view, and also wanted to show yourself as a responsible breeder, however you have to understand that not everyone will have the same point of view as yourself. We are a fairly busy and active site as you well know, so you will get a differing of opinion.

What I do not want now is for a slating match, in either direction to start on the forums. I will be watching the threads closely and if this begins to happen I will put a stop to it instantly. We are not a site about breeders, we are not a site about working dogs, KC Registration, Showing etc etc etc etc. We are exactly what it says at the top of the forum. We are Husky Owners, here to share our experiences with each other and gain advice from one another when needed.

hello and welcome to the site,

We werent members when any other threads were written, and to be honest i have neither read them or know anything of them, i tend to make up my own opinion on things anyway.

From our personal perspective, we will appreciate any tips or advice you can provide, as we are currently looking for our first sibe pup on an extremely tight budget.

Touchy these Breeder people aint they... either way welcome never herd of you by the way, only intrested in Huskies KC Reg or not a Husky is a Husky to me, and as far as i have been concerned this site is for people like me who just own a husky and enjoy talking about them, what people do away from this forum is upto them and i personally will not be told what to do otherwise..............

Thanks for the responses

Marc, I would like to point out, I am not wanting a war of words. I just want to put across, that as a breeder, I am trying to be responsible. I have had to retire three dogs from breeding, as they failed a health check or their temperament was not suitable for being mothers.

The point is, that people make comments about Siberpaws, but they have no clue about us. Then their opinions make people think that we are irresponsible. one person make a comment that we have bad practices. Never said what they were, which puts us in a bad light.

My brother David, has no right to speak for us, but he does what an older brother does best, he defends his family.

As I said, I am not after a fight, but I also want people to know that I will not roll over and die

Thanks for the responses

Marc, I would like to point out, I am not wanting a war of words. I just want to put across, that as a breeder, I am trying to be responsible. I have had to retire three dogs from breeding, as they failed a health check or their temperament was not suitable for being mothers.

The point is, that people make comments about Siberpaws, but they have no clue about us. Then their opinions make people think that we are irresponsible. one person make a comment that we have bad practices. Never said what they were, which puts us in a bad light.

My brother David, has no right to speak for us, but he does what an older brother does best, he defends his family.

As I said, I am not after a fight, but I also want people to know that I will not roll over and die

Not at all, as I said in my post above I wouldnt expect as much. That part of the post, as stated, was for everyones benefit.

hello, welcome to the pack

Everyone's entitled to their opinions and i'm sure people are grown up enough here to make their own minds up, I understand you wanting to put your side across though.

I hope you enjoy the forum :)

erm - ok! Welcome on board, Siberpaws.

Thank you for putting your side across & I hope you will be able to answer people's questions from a breeders point of view - some here have rescued huskies & never come in contact with breeders, so it's nice to have some on board to give knowledgable advice when queries arise.

Look forward to seeing you around the site & seeing pics of your pack

Ehh welcome?! lol. I think everyone is a critic honestly no matter how good your practices are... your always going to have that one person to cut you down. Just prove them otherwise. And i'd love to see some pics of your sibes! Even the GSD, they are one of my favorite dog breeds.

Hey ya Siberpaws, :wave:

Welcome to the site!! Sorry to hear all hasnt kicked off to the greatest of starts but I hope you enjoy the site and really look forward to chatting to ya about this lovely breed :D Would love to see some pics you may have.

I can't help but feel some of the comments you've made Siberpaws, are aimed at me, because I was the first one to post in Ice's thread and I gave her my opinion, going by your website, as per her request.

One thing that's become very clear to me since I've been involved in the dog world is that everyone has a different idea as to what makes a reputable breeder. To me, a reputable breeder is not just someone who has a KC registered kennel, but someone who is breeding to better the breed. To me, that is someone who only breeds dogs who make a great example of the breed standard, and have had their dogs looked over with a critical eye either in the show ring and/or by working them in harness. I would be dubious of any breeder who does not think selling pedigree dogs is not only important but vital to the breed and who neither works, shows their dogs or is active in their breed in other ways.

To me, a reputable breeder, is not someone who slags off other registered breeders on their website. For example - some of the best breeders I know have had their dogs featured in magazines or on TV segments about the breed, none of which gave them any financial benefit (i.e., the did it for free, to promote the breed!) yet you blast breeders who have websites that mention these things on your website. A bit hypocritical if you ask me, considering your posts here about not judging people unless you know them and their dogs in person.

The thread where your kennel was mentioned was purely about having a look at your website and seeing if you were a breeder that anyone else would buy a pup from. The fact is that if I, as a puppy buyer, were looking for a breeder you would not meet the criteria that I have when looking for a reputable breeder. That does not mean that other people won't see you as reputable, just that you don't meet what I'm after. I explained that to Ice, which is why after one or two posts the thread went on to discuss in broad terms what everyone believes makes a reputable breeder.

I'm not judging you as a person, I'm looking your dogs, and your kennels, and giving my opinion on whether or not they would be what I'm looking for when I'm after a pup. Just as you vehemently tell people to stay clear of any breeder who line breeds, or has their dogs featured in magazines/television/movies/advertisements etc. Just as YOU have your own idea about what makes a reputable breeder, so do the rest of us :)

Just to add to the above.

Smeagle, I dont think the main part of this thread was aimed at you. This is something I think you have completely wrong and if you have read the website I think you would agree it is a lot more likely it is aimed elsewhere.

I would like to add however. Any website, about dogs or otherwise that slates other websites of the same nature as yours clearly does. Will only add to the negative reputation you will gain from others. not better it. Bare in mind I know nothing of the situation surrounding them, and to be honest I dont care either, however that should have always stayed a personal matter and for that reason alone you opened yourself up to critisism rather than knocking down the reputation of the other person. Thats an observation from a website designer and developer, not a breeder.

Marc:

Smeagle, I dont think the main part of this thread was aimed at you. This is something I think you have completely wrong and if you have read the website I think you would agree it is a lot more likely it is aimed elsewhere.

I thought as much too, Marc, but thought I'd cover my bases just in case it was my post that caused a stir! :) I actually had to go back and find the thread in question to have a read of it and realised mine was the first comment there about the website.

Totally agree with the rest of your post :)

Hello Siberpaws, welcome to the pack

We are all welcome to everyones opinions on different matters and Im glad to see you have joined considering the circumstances and put your opinion on the matter and told us all about what's going on.

Feel free to ask questions and join in with the fun and games :) hope you enjoy the site and make many friends :)

Look forward to seeing photos of your sibes and also of your GSD too :)

Hi there all

Smeagle, the comments were not made by you, so stop getting paranoid.

The comment that was made is:-

Personally would steer clear of that one. Won't elaborate more on a forum, but know a bit about their 'practices'

I do not know who they know what my practices are, I have never met this person in my life.

As I said previously, out of the thirty eight dogs I have sold, I have had only one person that they thought they have had cause to complain. This was resolved when the person was asked for the vet bill, so I could see what treatment was paid for; all I got was an abusive email.

Hi there all

Smeagle, the comments were not made by you, so stop getting paranoid.

The comment that was made is:-

Personally would steer clear of that one. Won't elaborate more on a forum, but know a bit about their 'practices'

I do not know who they know what my practices are, I have never met this person in my life.

As I said previously, out of the thirty eight dogs I have sold, I have had only one person that they thought they have had cause to complain. This was resolved when the person was asked for the vet bill, so I could see what treatment was paid for; all I got was an abusive email.

Siberpaws (sorry, you've not told us your name...)

Someone has given their opinion, which, all are entitled to do on here, personally, the poster of that comment could have gone into great lengths about how they have formed that opinion....i would let sleeping dogs lie to be honest to ensure further comments that could be deemed derogatory are not posted.......put your feet up sit back and enjoy the forum :)