SITE SPONSOR - What do you get?

Marc

Hi Guys,

Since the move of the forum over to xenforo there were some things that had to go due to the change in software. Unfortunatly some of these were the site sponsor only features, in which I promised to reintroduce over time. So now we have moved server and Ive had chance to actually concentrate on some functionality of the forum I have introduced some new features and sorted out what the site sponsors should have. (Of course this doesnt mean there wont be more added ;) ).

WHAT IS A SITE SPONSOR?

This is an important question, as in the past there seems to have been a little confusion over this. The reality is the site costs so much to run these days that site sponsors are the only way in which the site exists at all. They are the only guarenteed income that the site has in order to pay for itself.

A site sponsor is someone who agrees to pay a set amount on a monthly/quarterly amount by way of automatic payment via paypal towards the site. People can still donate toward the site which will give then premium status and a change in colour, however this does not make them a site sponsor. The idea being is that I know what money is expected into the site, and therefore know what is left to pay for after this money has come in. You can therefore see how important this element is to husky owners as a site.

WHAT DO I GET IN RETURN?

So this is the bit you all really wanna know. If your gonna help to keep the site running, then you should expect a little extra in return right? Well we agree. So I have a full list of what a site sponsor will gain on the site below. Bare in mind this is not a static list and will of course be added to as time goes on :)

1. "S" Symbol & Colour - All site sponsors will not only be given the blue coloured username, they will also be given the "S" symbol you can see next to some peoples names on the forum. [ATTACH]37347[/ATTACH]

2. SPY - The Spy button is a realtime feed of the forums posts. If you have the spy page open you can see every post & topic as it is posted in realtime. Meaning for example if you are sat replying to every post, you simply need to have this page open and you will see when someone posts instantly!! :) [ATTACH]37348[/ATTACH]

3. Alternative Styles - We now how 5 variations of a darker coloured style on husky owners which are selectable only by site sponsors. I am also in the process of adding a further 5 completely different styles to choose from so you can pick what you like the best. [ATTACH]37349[/ATTACH]

4. Site sponsors area - You will be given access to the "Site sponsors area" where things are announced before anywhere else. For example, all the above, they already know about it!! :) You also get to know about any new sitewide changes and features before anyone else along with being the first to receive the site newsletters.

5. Arcade - We have just introduced a new arcade to the forum which will be updated on a daily basis with new games. With fully featured scoreboards so you can complete with other members on the site to be the King of the arcade :) [ATTACH]37346[/ATTACH]

6. Conversations - Members can currently only add a maximum of 2 people to a conversation. As a site sponsor you will be able to invite 6 people to participate in a conversation at any one time.

7. Edit limit - Members can currently edit their posts, however it will not allow the posts to be edited if it is over 2 mins since it was posted. This restriction is completely removed for site sponsors.

8. Raffle - Sarah occasionally runs a raffle in the site sponsors area. All sponsor members will be entered into this with the chance of winning a small prize.

SO HOW DO I BECOME A SITE SPONSOR?

Becoming a site sponsor is easy. All you need to do is point at your name in the top right (next to inbox) and select account upgrades. From here you will be given the options you can chose from. Whichever value you chose you will become a site sponsor, so simply choose an amount you would be willing to give to the site for its running costs on a monthly/quarterly basis.

post-1-1358601772992_thumb.png

post-1-135860177304_thumb.png

post-1-1358601773106_thumb.png

post-1-13586017731497_thumb.png

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what amount is required to become a sponsor

Any of the account upgrades, the amount is up to yourself.. The sponsor tag is simply as a thankyou for contributing to the site cost on a monthly basis

Ooh didn't know about any of this :)

A lot of it is new .... Was there before we moved, however only just been able to return it to the forum.

my next question..

See last reply from me LOL

thanks, I will sort out something when I get paid in about 10 days. I couldn't bear it if the site disappeared.

LOL ... dont worry the site is not going nowhere ..... We have this running reasonably well at present. We do still have to put some towards it at times however at the times we have to, then we do it. End of the day its our hobby too LOL

ooh like what?

Old chatroom was paid addition, we had voice chat for a while that was paid, there is a search indexing feature which will improve the speed of the forum which is paid, paying contracted coding for things that are beyond my own skillset........ Various addons we have currently such as bookmarks are paid additions, moving over to xenforo in the first place was a paid addition, setup of the new server was paid for .... and on and on lol

Marc, we noticed that the currency rate is in pounds, what is the exchange rate for US currency?

depends on paypals exchange rate. Similar to paying for anything else in pounds over the internet. Paypal tell you what they exchange it to, we have no control over it. Only suggestion I can make is go through the process for one and just dont confirm payment so you can see what it exchanges it at.

One last question..If for any reason you want to stop being a sponser can you?

yes you would just stop the recurring transaction within your paypal account. The forum would be automatically notified of this and add you to the removal list which would then revert you to a premium member. You would never go all the way back to member because as you have sent something to husky owners in the past that would give you premium status anyway, sponsor status is just for saying you will do it monthly.