Picky eater

BAGRI

So mika is the pickiest eater. the only way he eats if i add something like cheese to his food. I wanna break the habit and am gonna just put his food down for 15 minutes and if he doesnt eat I'll pick it up. He currently hasnt eaten for a day. I was jus wondering will dogs actually starve themselves to death? Or will they eventually eat? How long do you think this devil will test me?

Thanks!

They wont starve themselves to death.

I had this problem with Zarly, She'd not eat anything, This was because she was lonely (re-homed Joey) and was pining, she's always been a fussy eater.

She didn't eat for 2 weeks straight and lost so much weight and I tried all that i could.

She ate eventually.

I put it down and 15mins later i'll pick it up and offer it the next feed and the next.. until it's needing to be re-done.

Hi Bagri, I had the same problem a couple days back, Aya my baby girl is 13 weeks old and she just suddenly stopped eating raw food (got her at 8 weeks and switched to raw immediately, she loved it at first). They are very picky eaters and are quite cheeky too. Just continue what you are doing, they won't starve themselves. Mine didn't eat for a whole day, just make sure that once you take away the food don't put it back until his next meal time (or you can starve him the whole day if you want - I couldn't do it at first, seems so cruel) but it worked like a charm. On her next meal (about 12 hrs later) she was adamant about not eating, however when I came to take her food away she rushed over her food bowl and gobbled down every last piece of meat. They are really smart and cheeky so I am not sure how long your dog will test you, but the important thing is he will eat when he is hungry, they will not starve themselves to death - also hold out on treats until he eats, mine learnt that she could hold out on her food because I used treats to train her on a daily basis. Hope this has helped, I'm no expert, just telling what I have experience - hope Mika is healthy and doing great.

post-2850-0-48809900-1380271305_thumb.jp

post-6837-13586017164421_thumb.jpg

post-6837-13586017169692_thumb.jpg

post-6837-1358601717494_thumb.jpg

post-6837-13586017179871_thumb.jpg

a dog will not starve itself to death i would do what you suggested about leaving it for 15 minutes then picking it up also are you feeding her just kibble ? because sometimes dogs can get very bored of it if you get concern try mixing a bit of wet food in with it it may encourage her to eat it xx

don't give in (I know it's hard LOL) u know she'll eat when she's hungry. The "starving" method is not cruel at all in fact THE PUPPY is cruel because they kept worrying us and made us buy more and more cheese :P good luck I believe the others has already given u enough advice :up: