valentines day

Leyka&Diva

those with partners do you still buy for them what do you buy ? im stuck at what to buy my other half hes so hard to buy for need some ideas lol

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol! Has it come around again - so soon?!

Mollies _dad also has a birthday a few days before so it is double trouble. We tend not to bother after all these years but if I happen to be inclined, I tend to opt for a decent bottle of port and/or a box of Thornton's chocolates.

Lol! Has it come around again - so soon?!

Mollies _dad also has a birthday a few days before so it is double trouble. We tend not to bother after all these years but if I happen to be inclined, I tend to opt for a decent bottle of port and/or a box of Thornton's chocolates.

this our first proper valentines day together and i just have no idea at all what to buy him lol

Oh my! Always hard! Okay, rather than opt for a personal gift, why not suggest a meal out together (his choice of venue) and you pay? Seen me through the first few years.;)

thank you i think that will be the easiest thing to do x

All you have fun :P us singles will just spend it on our own lol

i wouldnt do anything but he said he has got me something so ill feel guilty if i dont do anything back lol if i had my choice it would just be another day lol

i wouldnt do anything but he said he has got me something so ill feel guilty if i dont do anything back lol if i had my choice it would just be another day lol

ohhh fair enough :D Yeah it is just another day but nice to do something people in relationships dont do alot nowadays so its nice i think to do something :)

From mine and mike's first valentine's day until now (and probably every year) I have got him a pewter or padded heart which are inscribed with I Love You or something on. By this year he will have 9! And normally that's all he gets, but I have got him some canvases this year with a picture of us on our wedding day, one of Josh and another of us two recently.

I don't think it ever needs to be much, just a little token of love and appreciation is all that's needed. Mike's birthday is a few days after it as well, so that's another reason I don't ever get anything big for v day!

My hubby and I have been together for almost 14yrs now, and when money got tight, we restricted buying things or going out. Even on years that we did have money to spend we had gotten into the habit of not doing anything. However, he tends to buy a Rose or two, put them in a vase and stash them some place weird in the house where I will find them when I get home from work....like in the bathroom, as its the first place I go when I get home, hang them on the gate, one year I did laundry in the morning and he knew I would go check and see if it got put in the dryer when I got home and the flowers were there. One time in the Fridge and once in my closet early in the morning. I myself do silly things like coupons....."crazy sex coupon" "morning sex coupon" "coupon for taking the garbage out", and sometimes I bring home an ice cream cake which is his favorite.

Over all I really don't like Valentines Day, as it is so marketed now and Hallmark brings in the $$$! and why was I seeing all that V-day candy in the store right after xmas! Crazy

My hubby and I have been together for almost 14yrs now, and when money got tight, we restricted buying things or going out. Even on years that we did have money to spend we had gotten into the habit of not doing anything. However, he tends to buy a Rose or two, put them in a vase and stash them some place weird in the house where I will find them when I get home from work....like in the bathroom, as its the first place I go when I get home, hang them on the gate, one year I did laundry in the morning and he knew I would go check and see if it got put in the dryer when I got home and the flowers were there. One time in the Fridge and once in my closet early in the morning. I myself do silly things like coupons....."crazy sex coupon" "morning sex coupon" "coupon for taking the garbage out", and sometimes I bring home an ice cream cake which is his favorite.

Over all I really don't like Valentines Day, as it is so marketed now and Hallmark brings in the $$$! and why was I seeing all that V-day candy in the store right after xmas! Crazy

aww that really cute what he does with the roses. im dont really rate valentines day but hes got me something so i feel like i have to get him some thingback lol

aww that really cute what he does with the roses. im dont really rate valentines day but hes got me something so i feel like i have to get him some thingback lol

I have to give my hubby Kudos too on the Rose thing, it is really cute and he has always done it and it still surprises me everytime.....he's not the most together person when it comes to gifts, so this is his thing:heartbeat: and I take what I can get after all these years.

last time i was with sum1 for valentines day i got a new haircut he got a george forman grill LOL

i will probs get summin this year - but i dont want anything so hopefully he will listen lol

:doglaugh: i proper laughed out loud at that LMAO

Sadly ive never been bought anything for valentines day not even flowers!!

I've only ever had cards before lol

---

I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=52.149974,-0.409013

my ex and I used to always get something silly like he gave me a frozen burger one year and I got him a cabbage etc ...then we went sensible I gave him a tube of smarties and he got me some twiglets, they were just gestures I'm not really into all the hype, however my new chap is quite a soppy old sod and this will be our first one together so I am thinking of laying the ground rules early and hinting that he could come and do the washing up for me & that would be the best present .....if I have not poisoned him with pie & mash first....god I am a right old charmer!

He's got some 'lover ducks' which are basically just some fancy looking rubber ducks. We'll probably have a nice meal (i.e one I didn't cook and burn myself!) and some booze aswell.

On the soppier side. I got him this paperweight thingy, that's filled with shiny hearts like a snowglobe and there's a slot at the bottom for a special photograph. Not sure what photo I'll put in there, one of us? or the kids? or the dogs? God knows!