Hmm opposite spectrums of digestion. Sensitive Stomache?

Hero has been growing up nicely and has been a real joy to have, but he has such a sensitive stomach! He has been eating taste of the wild going on 5 months and he loves it; which is good because he's also a picky eater. We were almost at the end of a bag of food when he didn't seem too enthusiastic about eating it so I picked up another flavor. That night, I mixed a little bit of the new flavor in with the old food and in the morning he had a really runny stool. The whole day he could just not hold it in and was going in the house (crazy since he's never once pooped inside)! I stopped feeding him the dry food and started giving him bland chicken and rice to sooth his stomach reverse the diarrhea. He hasn't had any more runny stools since yesterday morning, but he also hasn't pooped at all since then. I don't know if I'm just worrying too much, but I've seen him eat the chicken and rice every meal and he isn't throwing up so where is it going? Is this something I should take him to the vet for, or should I just wait a little longer?

Btw he hooks completely fine, you would never know he had a problem judging by the way he plays with his toys and runs around.

As long as he's acting fine, I wouldn't worry about it. When he had the diarrhea, he probably pretty well cleaned his system out, and now it will take a little while to fill back up and then start emptying again. He may be a little constipated, but it shouldn't be a major problem. You could get some Metamucil (the generic is just fine) and put a little in his food (1/2 to 1 teaspoon should do per meal) - add water to the food if you add this, though. It is psyllium fiber, and will help with both diarrhea and constipation by absorbing moisture in the gut, concentrating the wastes, and helping form bulk to get things moving in good order!

When I have to put my dog's on chicken and rice they often won't poo for a day or so. You gotta think there's alot of useless stuff in kibble, even the good stuff, that a dog's body will want to get rid of. When you give the body something with a little more nourishing side they will keep it longer to be extra sure all the good stuff is absorbed. Usually the kids strain a little when they finally go but it'll come out eventually :)