1st time husky owner =)

Mika

Hey everyone! My name's Claire and after a life-long dream of wanting to own my very own husky I finally took the plunge and adopted one last week. I'd done plenty of research prior to getting her and stumbled upon this site whilst searching for a secure 'dog park' type area near to where we live... and all I can say is 'WOW!!!' The community here seems so helpful and friendly, and the amount of info you have on these forums is truly priceless!

So my baby is called Mika - she's roughly 5 years old and so far she's been an absolute angel... which kinda makes me nervous haha. She's a bit manky and smelly even after a quick bath a few days ago, don't think she was looked after very well by her previous owners. But we love her to bits and we're looking forward to getting to know all u lovely lovely people here and hopefully some day attending some of your husky meets =D

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

thanks all for the lovely welcome =) yeah i expected a demand for pics haha. Didn't have any of her post-bath so just been on a nice long walk and got a few for you. The first one was when we'd just brought her home, she was filthy.[ATTACH]35428[/ATTACH]

post-6735-13586014429999_thumb.jpg

post-6735-13586014435556_thumb.jpg

post-6735-13586014450238_thumb.jpg

post-6735-13586014462257_thumb.jpg

post-6735-13586014476484_thumb.jpg

Welcome! This is definitely the place to come to for advice, to share experiences, and just to have people oogle over how lovely your dog is!

Don't worry about her smell and coat condition - with good food and grooming it will improve with time! It can be stressful at the shelters, so that may have a lot to do with it too. Huskies are generally a low-odour breed, so I'm sure she'll improve with time!

Hiya Claire & Mika, welcome to the pack :wave:

You are the envy of many members on here, living in the North West UK as we have quite a lot of walks on a weekly basis round & about, so when Mika is out of season, come along to one of the on lead walks or the off lead dog parks & join in the madness!! :P

Hey everyone! My name's Claire and after a life-long dream of wanting to own my very own husky I finally took the plunge and adopted one last week. I'd done plenty of research prior to getting her and stumbled upon this site whilst searching for a secure 'dog park' type area near to where we live... and all I can say is 'WOW!!!' The community here seems so helpful and friendly, and the amount of info you have on these forums is truly priceless!

So my baby is called Mika - she's roughly 5 years old and so far she's been an absolute angel... which kinda makes me nervous haha. She's a bit manky and smelly even after a quick bath a few days ago, don't think she was looked after very well by her previous owners. But we love her to bits and we're looking forward to getting to know all u lovely lovely people here and hopefully some day attending some of your husky meets =D

welcome claire and mika ...youll have lots of fun together ..im sure