Who here works full time?

Bec

I'm interested after reading some responses in the other thread - how many of us dog owners work full time? If so how many dogs do you have and what do you do to "juggle" everything?

I'm at work five days a week all day, I have three dogs and am planning to get a new pup this year.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both full time, OH works different shifts so alone time varies but always at least 4 days a week (except school holidays when i'm off).

I'm lucky in that I can come home at lunchtime.

2 dogs. Teeko has full run of the kitchen. Keeta is in a crat. Both happy...both sleep all day when i'm off work so I imagine thats what they do when we're at work!

I was working full time until November when I went part time for training for London. Mike works full time but shift work (police officer). When I was working full time there was 1 week in 4 (or 5) where Eika would be left alone all day when mike was on days. As I said in the other thread, when she was 10 weeks she was left alone all day everyday, for like 6 months. Shes not crated and has the run of kitchen and hallway.

I work full time, 5 shifts in 7 days. My mum and step live at mine and my step dad is retired so is at home all day everyday with the odd exception here and there. We all go out together at times but all the dogs (4 in total) have the run of the house.

I work 9 till 5 Monday to Friday. My oh works 9 till 5:30 but is usually later. He comes home at lunch for Luna, if he can't we either arrange for his mum to visit Luna for atleast an hour or we have a lovely dog walker, who is also a qualified trainer, who takes Luna out for an hour's walk for the bargain price of £8.

Luna is crated as she has SA and has hurt herself when left free to roam in the past (she knocked a vase off a window sill & walked through the shards)

My husband and I both work full time hours - gone for at least 9 hours a day, Monday to Friday.

2 dogs who live outside.

We try to walk them together in the evenings, but on my riding nights hubby has to take them alone.

Some nights we don't get home until 8:00pm. The dogs only get fed once a day (their choice, not ours), and usually between 7 or 8, so they're seldom desperate for food if we are home late.

Not working atm, job laid me off a few months back due to shortage of work, will be allowed back in a few months time if I can't find anything by then.

Been really lucky, there's always been someone home with the dogs. I had a year off when we first got Kira because my job contract ended, don't think I would have gotten a puppy otherwise, then my boyfriend was in school/off for a year, then we had a roommate that had a contract end when both me and my boyfriend were working. We have been very fortunate that way, will have no idea how it will effect the dogs when both me and my boyfriend are working. I work at a fertilizer plant so I can work some pretty crazy hours, longest I have done is 16h. Boyfriend has office hour jobs so that's a benefit, however, we are too far from the dogs to go home at lunch. We'll have to see how things work out down the road :\ I'd like to work from home but I don't think that will happen anytime soon ;_;

I'm at university at the moment and with the new timetable we were given today Kiska now won't be left for more than 2 1/2 hours, three days a week. Up until today this was only for two days but on Tuesdays she was left for 2 hours, then we were home again for three hours and then she was left for another 5 hours.

I understand one day I will have a full time job and I have no idea whether I'll be living with someone else who works around my work pattern so potentially Kiska could be left for up to 10 hours, 5 days a week. That's life, she'll still be cared for just as well, she'll just have to occupy herself a little more.

I work approx 50 hours a week and the OH works full time as well... We have 2 dogs but the way our shifts fall, it means that they are usually only alone for a cple hours at a time and have the full run of dowstairs and their crates left open if they feel the need, but they usually just chill in the front room... Well i assume they do haha