Sign in to follow this  
BingBlaze n Skyla

Bings n a possible lump?

ok never noticed this before only noticed it this mornin but Bing has a VERY soft (n quite big) lump in his groin area its only noticeable when he sits on his side like Blaze is in this photo

DSC00181-3.jpg

ive had a feel and it is very soft and it moves so im thinkin a possible cyst or just a build up ov fluid (maybe summin 2 do with his bad leg even tho the lumps on the right side n his bad leg is his left 1)

any idea or advice before i start to panic? (ok bit l8 for that - im already panicing -helll i nearly cried earlier thinking the worst)

Guest AllenM

OMG Nix,, no not bings,, sorry babes no advice except get him to the vets asap,, im here if you need a lift you only have to ask,,, please let me know whats going on,, we love him too. xx

Hang in there, sweetie, and let the vet take a peek. I recently went in fearing the worst on my elderly Nikita. I prepared myself for the worst, only to find out that he was fine. The knowing for sure was worth the trip. Hope you get some good news soon!

hugs to you hun xxxx

try not to worry if it's squishy and moves about freely i don't think it's anything drastic to worry about. Get him to the vet and let them have a feel, they may want to do a biopsy.

Has he been castrated?

Firstly there are so many possible answers, when Alaska bit Balto he got this rather largh lumb on his face, it was squishy, and i could somewhat move it about >>> it had a medical name but it was basically blood and puss, usually they go down. My vet said you need to worry when the lump goes hard...Balto's did so we had to get it removed ASAP >> he went under and has a little scar tissue as a result. Things that can be done is ice and gently messaging it, maybe even to try and sqeeze some of it out....do you think Blaze could have bit him in play?

Second >>> Alaska hits her head on doors all the time, as a result her bone is inflamed >> doesn't sound like that with Bing, but my point is; dogs bash themselves just like us, they get bumps just like us too. I go to the vet for every little thing and half the time i get told it will go down and i dont get any meds and it does go down.

Lastly my two have recenlt got 2 red spots on their tummy and the inside of their legs, it was small, red, and was yellow in the middle, we get a lot of bugs where we live and they got bitten:confused:

For now heres what i suggest, buy some skin soother, this may help as he might be scratching or biting it (whether its a lump or hes been bitten it may still irritate him) will essentially make it worse:

http://www.feedem.co.uk/cat-41/cat-health-hygiene-57/seven-seas-exmarid-skin-6250-4228_zoom.jpg

Give the bump 1 week, if you notice that its gone down, even if its only gone down a little that shows it is getting better, a more serious problem would only deteriorate. Alaska's bump is still here and i went to the vets 3 weeks agao and have been twice to the vets to check on it >> it has gone down but is still present and the vets say thats fine. However as i have seen many lumps and bumps on my two my vet says:

- Give a lump 1 week to go down if not come in for a check up

- Once given the all clear, give the lump 10 days to show an improvement no matter how small an improvement it is

- If no improvment within the 10 days pay the vet another visit

- A soft lump is less worrying, these are usually blood and puss from the dog bashing themselves

- A hard lump as in with humans urges a trip to the vets ASAP

- You can prevent a lump from going hard by gently messaging it, if it occurs from a bash try and put ice on it as soon as you can

Nix do you have a pic of the lump??

Just wanted to add >> if it is on his actual willy (soz lol, dont know what to call it, but basically where he pees) Balto had this, we could move it around 'cos of the nature of the skin on that area >>> the skin itself moves around rather easily>>> we put the spray on it and it was gone within 7 days. We think it was a bite from a midge or something, and he probs bit it and made it worse >> the spray is all natural with tea tree and alo-vera >> can get from pet shop too.

hey thnx for the advice i dont have a pic as we only noticed it this mornin n not rly seen it since - its not on his willy lol its deffo sort ov groin area sort ov to the side ov the willy when he sits on his side it looks like its on his willy but when i had a feel when he was lyin down its deffo not there i will give him a few days n see how he goes (sorry if this dont make much sense ive had a few 2 drink lol)

Nix, I know you said it's soft and squishy and moves around, but what sort of shape is it, is it regular or irregular.

I know you said he was already castrated, but are you sure they removed both testicles?

Ishka had a lump on her side from age 10 until we had her put to sleep aged 13, that was a tumour that kept growing back and we had it removed 3 times, i'm not saying that to worry you, but if it's a tumout don't massage it as it can aggravate it and make it worse, and also give Bing lots of discomfort.

Best advise is get the vet to check it out, they will probably know exactly what it is when they see it and will probably have a treatment available to make him good again.

Steve

Sorry Nix dont really know so aint got any advice :confused: but all I would say is get him to the vet asap to have it looked at but im sure its nothing to worry about!! Just most prob a buil up of fluid or somthing.

I know this is a shot in the dark but i would imagine that cause its soft that there is nothing wrong rather then if it was hard :confused: I could be so wrong on that.

Hugs to you and keep us posted x x x hope all will be ok with Blaze x x x

Poor Bings! no wonder you're concerned, Nix.

There's nothing more to add than has already been posted, but I would call the vet & get it looked at, you're only gonna worry till you know for sure. Hope it's summat & nothing, & quickly sorted

Keep us posted how he's doing, xxxx

thnx for the advice all

Nix, I know you said it's soft and squishy and moves around, but what sort of shape is it, is it regular or irregular.

I know you said he was already castrated, but are you sure they removed both testicles?

as far as i can tell its pretty round - not sure bout the testicle thing ive never noticed it before its deffo not in that area and from what u can tell he deffo doesnt have anything left thing is he was a rescue dog we got him nearly 7 yrs ago now (god dont time fly lol) so as far as i no they did - when he done his leg in n went in for a check up n stuff it wasnt noticed then so im thinkin it is a recent thing i dunno im gonna tlk 2 my mum agen bout takin him the vets n then ill let u no how i get on :)

thnx agen for all the advice i rly appreciate it xxxx

Awww Nix. I understand your worry. I agree that the best thing to do is to have it checked out.

Have had those same fears and fortunately my worry was for naught. I hope yours is also. Keep us posted and give Bings a hug.