Sign in to follow this  
Dunc

Don't be a stranger at camp....

One thing that as come to my attention at/after camps are a number that saying they felt left out/ignored usually new members or 1st time campers I would like to stop this but I can't only you can ...........

There are over 100 members going outta them I probably know about 30 outta them most join in with everything some just do as they please and mill around there own tents which is fine if that's what you want to do :)

What am saying is there is always a central camp area where you will find most if not all staff and most of the members and if you want to join in please come over and do so don't sit there and wait for us to come to you there are simple to many of you and if we did that we would not have any time to enjoy camp ourselves.

Hope everyone understands what am saying you are all more than welcome to join in with anything we do so.................

Its up to you lot JOIN IN :)

It was my first camp in october and I wasn't left out at all, in fact we felt very welcome and part of the "clan".

Alex is a nervous and shy person but even he came out of his shell and mingled and participated.

And it was alex who said when we got back home "better book for april camp then" :D

unfourtunately we cant afford to attend oct too :( but we may come for the day depending where it is :D

October camp was my first camp and although i didnt leave the tent much i didnt feel left out! :)

If i know where the main camp at april is i'll defo try and get out there more and meet more people :D

Totally agree, October was our first one and we didn't feel left out at all.

We were actually worried that it would be the other way round and it would be a "regimented programme" and you'd be expected to be somewhere at x time etc :jawdrop:

It was great that it was so relaxed and if you wanted to join in you could, if you wanted some alone time you could but whenever you popped your head into the central camp area everyone was really welcoming :)

Andy was a bit reluctant to come along when I first booked it, like Alex he's quite shy, but by the 2nd day was already talking about the April camp.

:camping::lovecamp:

We always go up to new people at camp and introduce ourselves, some people do seem though to keep themselves to themselves more than others. Anyway Talon doesn't allow anyone to get away with not being TALONED.

im looking forward to next camp as i can be myself and be around you all :D will be great :D

we went to camp last april for a day visit and we were made very welcome having never met anyone off the forum before, we said there and then that we would book for this year, and we have! if you cant make it for wkend or week, wud deffo recommend a day visit to old and new members alike:grouphug:

yep!

Just wander over and say hi!!

I have a problem in remembering peoples names lol I might do name badges for people with their REAL name and their FORUM name on so we know who's who lol The way i recognise people is through their dogs :rolleyes:

I always feel a bit bad at camp as people come up to me and say Hi sarah etc and i'm like erm who are you! If I ask please don't feel bad lol

At April camp two people came and parked up their caravan, me and Linda wandered over as we had never seen them or their dogs - turned out they joined the forum 2 days before april camp and decided to come! They jumped right in and have never looked back (I dont think lol)

Anyway - don't worry if you're young or old - I promise you Paw on heart that there are members there of ALL ages from teen to retirement.

Don't be afraid to say hi - introduce yourself :D

I just wish we could make it, but finances are not on the good side at this moment....maybe depending on where it is the October camp...

i think the name badge is a great idea.. the husky owners a hoodies are also good unless you wear a coat on top lol.. i think to know someones forum name is a good ice breaker because if they posted a funny or interesting comment or thread, it is that which you talk about... lol it seems easier saying wow that was a cracking comment on the so and so thread instead of just saying hi who are you?

We always go up to new people at camp and introduce ourselves, some people do seem though to keep themselves to themselves more than others. Anyway Talon doesn't allow anyone to get away with not being TALONED.

I havent met you yet or talon so I look forward to being "taloned" :lolman:

trouble is with my hoody is people dont believe Storm is my real name they all think Shadow is called Storm lol people get me and Shadow mixed up to and i get called Shadow and Shadow gets called Storm !!

:camping:Hi im looking forward to camp! im terrible with peoples names but usually remember the dogs!lol i will speak to anyone and everyone if its about dogs!:) just hoping my dogs behave themselves while they are there.Only just managed to get a caravan and the lady said she had put me near husky owners:D

:camping:Hi im looking forward to camp! im terrible with peoples names but usually remember the dogs!lol i will speak to anyone and everyone if its about dogs!:) just hoping my dogs behave themselves while they are there.Only just managed to get a caravan and the lady said she had put me near husky owners:D

there aren't many well behaved huskies ;) lol

October camp was the first for us too we meet there Vixen our new g Vlad was exited and me I won most of the prizes

:P

I will fit in fine then!lol;) has anyone ever been kicked out of camp i could be the first!lol worried about them digging as you know how these dogs like to dig! but hey:shithappens: i can always bring a shovel!lol

I will fit in fine then!lol;) has anyone ever been kicked out of camp i could be the first!lol worried about them digging as you know how these dogs like to dig! but hey:shithappens: i can always bring a shovel!lol

One person was kicked out of camp 2 years ago he came with his brother and his family. Taking drugs - littering - throwing stones at cars, abusing people, constantly letting their husky off lead despite being asked not to and threatening to set an aggressive rottie on me wasn't tollerated and they were removed. needless to say they were also banned from this forum.

Don't worry - won't happen again ;)

anyway - back on topic - husky holes are ok but fill them in after lol :D

just worried about the holes!lol

so am i as i stumble back to caravan bladdered! ;) not really i dont drink THAT much,(deffo not a yard! lol)

Woop woop can't wait to see everyone again will feel bit better as meet more people since camp and mum will hold gus so if u see gus the bfg go say hi guys gus loves everyone ask marc and sarah he was there best friend well marc anyway whoever has food will be his bfg

even the kids get along with talon, as seen here at last years camp lol.208802_211943708833473_100000535360103_805687_7981810_n.jpg.