Considering staring to make gear in the USA

Chewbacca_&_me

As of late I have had to make good quality gear for my furries, but I have been considering doing something like making Husky-Tough walking belts, leads, gear, etc

I personally never trust any gear that is made with plastic parts because Ive had so many big dogs break the plastic parts or be able to losen the gear, etc.

Im thinking of making some stuff to be sold here in the USA so that hopefully more people will have access to this sort of gear.

I have gotten highly attached to my multi-lead and heavy duty walking belt so I wont be going back to flexi leads....and Im sure I could find alot more people that would like/want the safer and more convenient walking belts...

Ive looked at some pricing for material and hardware and stuff....Im sure I could do it.

what do you all think? Id like to start small at first and add more kinds of leads and gear as I go.

if you are serious about it, make yourself and friends some items and get them tested out for a good 6mths under normal husky use. if they dont break, fray etc then you can vouch based on real knowledge/experience. without that alot of folk probably wouldnt (well i wouldnt) trust the items made as how do you know they're up to the job.

if you are serious about it, make yourself and friends some items and get them tested out for a good 6mths under normal husky use. if they dont break, fray etc then you can vouch based on real knowledge/experience. without that alot of folk probably wouldnt (well i wouldnt) trust the items made as how do you know they're up to the job.

Very useful advice, thank you :)

Angel has loosened and managed to chew through 4 collars now, and they have broken 1 of the walking belts I bought.

Leads tend to last awhile for us, but trying to hold so many at once cuts off blood flow to my hands lol.

Some gear I got from various places was really only good when our huskies were young, and now Im looking to

try and improve on some ideas Ive tried.

Ive met tons of dog owners that eventually stopped trying to walk their dogs because they couldnt find gear that really

helped them with various needs.

After taking a look at costs for supplies, id say it would be a fantastic investment, so You might see some initial designs and

products from me within 45 to 60 days. Maybe someone here will win a set of gear! lol