Zoya Is Not Feeling Well

Mazz

Started last night, Zoya was shaking her head quite a bit, and scratching at her ear. Today she's been laying around, uninterested in anything. A few times she has winced, as though she has experienced some pain. I'm going to call the vet in the morning to see if I can get her in.

Sent from my HTC Desire using forumrunner.

Kaviq started doing that a few weeks ago, I thought Myshka may have caught it when playing as ears are a big win in this house for playing with! The vet took a look & said it was only slightly red & gave me a saline solution to wash it out - it healed in a day or two. Unknown cause!

Will she let you look in her ear? Is it scratched or red? Hope it is something easily sorted for her (and you), x

Sniff it...if it smells sour, she may have a yeast infection. We do a rinse with 1 part alcohol, 1 part vinegar, and 2 parts water in a squeeze bottle. Squirt it in, close her ear and massage. Then let her shake. Then, wrap your finger in cotton or a tissue and see if she'll let you wipe it out. You'll know if it's infected. You may just need to pick up some otimax from the vet and not go in.

She's a big baby. We looked earlier, but could not see anything. Little bugger is able to clamp her ear almost shut when we start looking into it.

She's a big baby. We looked earlier, but could not see anything. Little bugger is able to clamp her ear almost shut when we start looking into it.

Ozzy does the same - there is no way we can check his ears properly. Hope all goes well at the vets and it is nothing serious :grouphug:

Yup, they all do that here, but if you can get the rinse in there, then you want it to close up and massage (you can hear it squishing)! Did it stink? You don't have to get too close to smell a yeast infection in the ear. Good luck with the vet. She'll clamp it down even harder there!:cry1:

No odor at all from either ear. She's going in to the vet in an hour or so. Will post back the findings.

At the vet now. Zoya does have a slight infection in each ear. Doing a flush in a few, then drops for two weeks. Weather has been so warm this winter, and very dusty, which the vet said may contribute due to the number if allergens.