New members please read me

Sarah

Welcome to the pack :)

If you've not yet posted an intro, please feel free to do so and join in the fun and the chats that are had daily.

There are members here from all over the world, all with their own unique experience, so why not add your own experiences to the mix :)

I am always looking for ways to improve the site for our members and to make it as user friendly as possible. Please feel free to PM me or reply here, your first impressions, what you think, what you'd like to see, anything you struggled with etc :) I want to know the good and bad bits so we can remain the biggest husky - owners forum on the web :D

Looking forward to seeing you around :)

Edit

For the "i've been around a while" members, please also feel free to add your comments / suggestions / criticisms :)

• Like 1

see my only problem is they dint wait for me to get sassy jabbed so i could come on the weekend away :( :( all in all well happy with site apart from people accusing me of trying to cook a cat lol now do i look like that sort of a person .. lol

lol I wonder who that could have been :rolleyes: trust me peeps just go and read them posts its horrifying lmao

Im only joking really :)

We have already started organising the next camping trip (thread will be up later one) and also organising our big main meet up for end of october for our 1st year anniversary :D

• 7 months later...

Finding the site really good. Finding my way round slowly but getting there. Cannot seem to load pics but thats my end got to change size of them...lol. Not finding it slow at all to load. Just need to get my head round it all. Many thanks finding alot of information from other members just by reading there blogs so thanks again.

Laura And my baby girls Willow and Akia.

hi, i cant get in the chat room anymore! is that a prob my end?

it may be you have an older version of Java? try installing the latest - just google it if you get any probs send Marc a pm and he will be able to help xx

Laura - with the pics - google vso image resizer and download that - it will resize your pics to the max you can upload on here which is 1024 x 768 hope this helps, any probs, just give me a shout x

it may be you have an older version of Java? try installing the latest - just google it if you get any probs send Marc a pm and he will be able to help xx

Laura - with the pics - google vso image resizer and download that - it will resize your pics to the max you can upload on here which is 1024 x 768 hope this helps, any probs, just give me a shout x

I did it yayeeeee. Many thanks. I can show off my girls now....lol.

• 1 month later...

how to delete pictures from your gallary? ;)

at present, the software doesn't allow members to remove pictures as this then gives them access to delete any picture in the gallery, it is something we've logged but at present we haven't been offered a solution.

However, if you need a picture removing, please PM either Marc or myself with a reason for the picture to be removed x

at present, the software doesn't allow members to remove pictures as this then gives them access to delete any picture in the gallery, it is something we've logged but at present we haven't been offered a solution.

However, if you need a picture removing, please PM either Marc or myself with a reason for the picture to be removed x

oh ok

• 4 months later...

Hi

Though I'm probably missing the obvious, I'm trying to figure out:

1) How do I include photos on my signature

2) Where does everyone get those cute timelines for age of their dogs

3) Are all new posts indicated in the shout box daily?

Thanks...I struggle with navigating sometimes, but once I get the hang of it, I probably will spend way too much time here! I am really enjoying it though, love looking at everyone's photos and listening to suggestions, and learning that we all struggle with the same kinds of husky hijinx!!! Thanks in advance.

Hi, i see you have added your name to your signature, so i assume you know how to get there?

to add a picture, you will need to upload it onto the forum, once you have done this click the picture, then on the right hand side it says Share, click this then copy the BBcode into your signature settings.

to get the timeline, click on one that someone already has, this will take you to the pita pata website, here follow the instructions, at the end you are given a number of different options, half way down the page it will say -

Forum signatures:HTML • Ezboard • PseudoHTML, UBBCode and BB Code

at this point click UBBCode and BBcode, then towards the bottom on the page you will be given some code, copy and paste this into your signature setting then click save.

and yes all new topics are shown in the shoutbox when they are created :)

I just dont know why my profile picture doesnt show up when I post.

when you post, it is not your profile picture that shows up, it is your Avatar, and if you have not set one up then that is why nothing is showing,

to change it click your name in the time right, then click my settings, then click the profile tab, then on the left hand side click change Avatar then upload your picture

So I'm feeling really good about being considered a "great member" and am curious what the names mean and how they are assigned. Also same about puppy, in training, etc. near the bottom. What's the deal with the +1, etc. on posts...is that if someone posts a good idea, suggestion or article? Still trying to figure things out...and while I should be searching job boards, spending time here instead because it's far more fun talking about huskies!!!