Bikejoring Attachment

Dave

So when I realised that a bikejoring attachment does not take any strain from Kodi pulling and only assists in keeping the lead away from the front tyre, I decided there was no way I was paying £40 for that.

So what I did was get one of them old wire coat hangers and a set of pliers and got to work. All I did was bend the coathanger into a straight line, made a loop at one end and attached it to the front of the bike at the distance I desired.

Working really well at the moment and doing the job perfectly, the only thing I am going to adjust this weekend is to double it up so it has less 'bounce'

Just a thought for those that whish to try bikejoring but don't want to 'splash out' until they know its for them :)

Good one Dave.....That is indeed the only thing it does do for the safety of the dog(s) keep them away from the front tyre.

they are not designed just to keep the dog away from the wheel but more to keep the line from catching in the wheel.. i think no matter what attachment you use there is still the chance the dog can get to a wheel.

good call Dave.

I bought the bike jouring attachment, and i've got to say its a big waste of money, its a massive hassle to attach or take off.

it doesn't hold that firm, it can swing side to side and it doesn't even gurantee that the lead won't be caught by the wheel!

i have one on my bike and find it a great item.. very secure. the mount doesn't move at all and allthough strong the attachment is very flexible.. i wouldnt run any dogs on a bike with out it... i have used it for mine and the wife uses it for her Shelties... and the lead never gets anywhere near the front wheel.

but i agree good call Dave . great idea for people to try and be able to save money.