Wooly Agouti Siberian Husky? (Photos inside!)

Ukulehailey

Hello everyone,

Excuse me if this is posted in the wrong forum. Last Tuesday I got my beautiful Siberian Husky (purebred) named Saiya - she is wonderful! However, being the curious person I am, I was just dying to know what she's going to look like as an adult. I have searched and searched to find photos of wooly agouti huskies and have had no luck. I am wondering, is an agouti husky with a wooly coat odd or rare at all? Have you ever seen one or do you own one? I would love to see! Thank you!

*Request for more pictures (these are the only ones I have offhand - disregard her scruffiness and the poor quality!)

post-430-0-00676700-1372278424.jpg

post-6576-13586008425962_thumb.jpg

post-6576-13586008426914_thumb.jpg

post-6576-13586008434037_thumb.jpg

post-6576-13586008435328_thumb.jpg

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW :jawdrop:

sooooooo beautiful!!! I think i may have found my new favourite sibe on the forum!!

My Qilaq is agouti with a dark mask, but she isnt and hasnt ever really been as fluffy as yours!

Here is a picture of Qilaq

[ATTACH=full]32559[/ATTACH]

and another closer up to her face

[ATTACH=full]32560[/ATTACH]

Thank you, that's quite the compliment! Also, Qilaq is beautiful - I LOVE huskies with heterochromia. Your husky is the closest I've found to my pup's markings...but still I haven't found any woolies! Thank you for sharing! :)

Is wooly even a trait defined in the breed standards or mentioned anywhere for that matter?

Also I would like to point out that (s)he looks almost like a Malamute crossed with a Agouti Husky. But thats just my opinion.

Regardless amazing looking puppy.

Sent from my SGH-I896 using Tapatalk

She is AKC registered as a purebred Siberian Husky; I'm unsure of whether or not wooly is defined in the breed standards. I just know the genetics behind it - that's it. Believe me, I am just as skeptical (I suppose?) as everyone else. Even so, I think Malamute Husky mixes are absolutely gorgeous. I just preferred to get a purebred Husky because that's all I have room for.

here is a friend on my Facebook she has an agouti sibe female that's a wooly. I do not own these pics just an example of what she looks like 48db1215-ef9e-66e2.jpg

Wow, she is gorgeous! Can't wait to see what Saiya looks like all grown up, though I know I'll long for the puppy days again! :)

What a cutie! It may be that the lines where woolies are more common have been more separate from the lines where agoutis are more common - I've seen more woolies out of show lines, and agouti isn't as common for the show dogs. There isn't specific mention of woolies in the standard, as such; here's what it says about coats:

The coat of the Siberian Husky is double and medium in length, giving a well-furred appearance, but is never so long as to obscure the clean-cut outline of the dog. The undercoat is soft and dense and of sufficient length to support the outer coat. The guard hairs of the outer coat are straight and somewhat smooth-lying, never harsh nor standing straight off from the body. It should be noted that the absence of the undercoat during the shedding season is normal Trimming of whiskers and fur between the toes and around the feet to present a neater appearance is permissible. Trimming the fur on any other part of the dog is not to be condoned and should be severely penalized. Faults:Long, rough, or shaggy coat; texture too harsh or too silky; trimming of the coat, except as permitted above.

Another page you might find interesting... http://www.huskycolors.com/