HELP! What's wrong with her eyes?!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

One pupil is normal, the other tiny? I'd be inclined to think it's the other way around! The dilated one looks like the issue.

If it wasn't a head injury and wasn't brought about by medication, it could be neurological. Sorry, but I think the vet's going to be the only one that can help you in this case. Let us know what you find out!

No ravenwolf its the little one, the big one reacts normally to light, the little one is constantly that small. All the other dogs have pupils the same size as her big one, and they're all in the same room/under the same light

Any of this?

" -walking close to walls/things on his left or right side only. he also pumps into things on his left side.

-occasionally circling to his left or right side when nervous

-his personality is a bit "off" but nothing extremely drastic

-he also can't seem to get comfortable when he lays down. probably because he's looking for more support since his balance is off?"

Borrowed from a Google search. All searches are saying some form of head trauma. From something like a concussion, to a tumor, to a stroke, or retinal detachment.

http://www.petwave.com/dogs/dog-health-center/ear-and-eye-disorders/retinal-detachment/symptoms.aspx

Sorry if that link isn't helpful. I skimmed it.

Found this interesting not sure if it is related to her but the husky in the pic looks like it has the same issue :(

http://www.vcahospitals.com/main/pet-health-information/article/animal-health/anisocoria-in-dogs/3876

Here's a little more on the symptoms http://www.petplace.com/dogs/anisocoria-in-dogs/page1.aspx

At the very least it's worth mentioning to the vet I think. Most things I've seen though say to give it a few hours at max 24 if there are no other symptoms and then go to your regular vet.

Siku's eye did the same thing once! Freaked me out! It was late so I couldn't bring her to the vet, but my the next day her eyes went back to normal. I think she just hit her eye on a branch when she was running in the backyard. That was a while ago.