2 dogs 1 crate

Does anyone have 2 that share a crate (i know there is at least 1 person on here does but I forget who).

If yes...what age did you let them share. We have teeks (1 year) and keeta (4 month). They play rough but toally adore each other. Keeta currently crate but teeko has been given free roam of the kitchen again. Thing is I think he'd prefer to be in a crate! He's chewing the odd thing...nothing major...but I don't think he's naughty or destructive...i think he'd be happier crated so would like to try then in together.

Is she too young? And do you still give kongs or just a treat that they finish straight away so no battles ensue!

My girls have started because we need keyus crate for diesel. They're 1 & 2

i definately wouldnt give any type of chew or toys, if a fight did start neither dog could get away.

What size crate do you have for the 2? If you dont mind my asking. I think i'll try them while i'm off and build up the time the same as I would to introduce the crate. My only concern is tha they'll try to play and one of them will get hurt. But they do often both hop into keetas crate at bedtime and we have to get the big lad back out again!

All mine love to go in the crate together. Shadow and jasper share a crate together as shadow don't like goin the crate by himself he used to go in with hollie but zena escapes the crate if u put her in one. So hollie stays out with her and ice as none of them chew and zena settles with hollie. Gus and hollie used to go in a crate together when hollie was younger about 3 months he never hurt her it was a 42 inch crate I could them too in a crate with a bone each and they wouldn't fight same with hollie and ice

All mine love to go in the crate together. Shadow and jasper share a crate together as shadow don't like goin the crate by himself he used to go in with hollie but zena escapes the crate if u put her in one. So hollie stays out with her and ice as none of them chew and zena settles with hollie. Gus and hollie used to go in a crate together when hollie was younger about 3 months he never hurt her it was a 42 inch crate I could them too in a crate with a bone each and they wouldn't fight same with hollie and ice

Brilliant thats very reassuring. Teeko's crate is huge...50 something inches I think...so wwe'll try with that one. I don't think they'd fight over a treat but keeta still has puppy kongs so I don't like them near teeko anyway incase he inadvertantly swallows it! :-S

I let my two youngest share until they were too big to fit comfortably in it all night. They never squabbled and they were content together until there just wasn't room - probably 6 months each and they were a little too big. Long ago I had two spaniel sisters that shared a crate for a year, then decided they needed their own rooms. I think it will be space and personality that decides it for you.

I let my two youngest share until they were too big to fit comfortably in it all night. They never squabbled and they were content together until there just wasn't room - probably 6 months each and they were a little too big. Long ago I had two spaniel sisters that shared a crate for a year, then decided they needed their own rooms. I think it will be space and personality that decides it for you.

Thank you. Teeks isn't crated at night so its only when we are out of the house.

cheers @storm&angelsmum

yes i have had the two huskies and a chihhuahua

and my two huskies and a gsd share a crate!!!!

i dont use crates at home, they sleep where they like,

we got to camp and set up the crate and they all went in and settled down nicely....no fights no playing x

cheers @storm&angelsmum

yes i have had the two huskies and a chihhuahua

and my two huskies and a gsd share a crate!!!!

i dont use crates at home, they sleep where they like,

we got to camp and set up the crate and they all went in and settled down nicely....no fights no playing x

Thanks for that. I feel a bit reassured now! Lol I do worry about my little bairns! I'll see how they get on with it over my jolly holly's and see if it makes Teeko any happier being crated again.

Thanks for the help everyone!