'Twilight: Breaking Dawn -- Part 1' alleged to cause seizures

Elyse

The critics have not been kind to the latest "Twilight" film. A one-word sampling of "Breaking Dawn -- Part 1's" negative reviews will bring up a word cloud of adjectives like "terrible," "absurd," "ridiculous," and "jumbled." However, "seizure-inducing" is a new one, and definitely not the kind of review a major Hollywood release is looking for.

Since the release of "Twilight: Breaking Dawn -- Part 1" earlier this month, several cases of fits and convulsions have been reported by people attending screenings in the United States. In one incident, a California woman believes her boyfriend suffered a seizure during the film. Kelly Bauman told CBS Sacramento that her boyfriend, Brandon Gephart, suddenly began "convulsing, snorting, trying to breathe," awaking on the theatre floor with no memory of the incident. (To the relief of every other boyfriend and husband in the audience, the screening in question was immediately postponed. Way to take one for the team, Brandon!)

In another incident, a Utah couple told ABC Salt Lake City that while watching "Breaking Dawn" at their local cineplex, the man allegedly suffered seizure of some kind. The couple, who did not wish to be identified, says the man began "shaking and mumbling different noises," and then came to with no memory of the incident.

Both reported episodes were said to have taken place during the now-infamous birthing scene, in which (SPOILER ALERT!) the Edward Cullen delivers a pregnant Bella Swan's vampire spawn with his teeth. (Yes, that actually happens.) The sequence features some fairly graphic imagery, as well as strobing red, black, and white lights, something which has been known to trigger seizures in susceptible individuals.

Weaseling out of seeing a "Twilight" movie or two is perfectly understandable, but faking a seizure seems a little extreme. If you suffer from photosensitivity, epilepsy, or a history of similar events, you now have a perfect excuse to avoid "Breaking Dawn - Part 1". And if something like this has happened to you at a screening, seek medical help.

Source: Yahoo! News

I'd fake a seizure just to get out of watching that movie.

The fact they didn't post a warning before the movie with a scene like that really boils my blood. If I had actually liked this series I'd not watch it if they don't put a warning and endanger people like that. Lord help those men if they faked it and I find them in a dark alley though. That is NOT something to screw around about. . . yes a nerve has been struck lol forgive my rash words :P