Android User Must Have...

Sparks

Ok peeps if you are using and Android powered phone then you Have to get an app called Tasker!

https://market.android.com/details?id=net.dinglisch.android.taskerm&hl=en

You can set your phone to do practically anything automatically, there are a number of different triggers you can use from GSP locations, Wifi, Time, Day of the week.... the list goes on.

what I have it set up to do so far -

1, Head phones plugged in:

When I plug my headphones into my Aux jack on my phone it will automatically open my music player and start playing my music, Remove the headphones and the app closes and all settings go back to what they were previously.

2, Night SMS Responder:

At night when someone texts me within a certain time (user set) my phone will automatically text the person back with a user set message. e.g "go away im sleeping". You can set it to respond to certain contacts or all contacts.

3, Near Home:

When i am at home I always connect to my Wifi on my phone, but when i leave the house i go back to using data. So i have set this profile up so that my phone detects if i am at home or not and automatically turns on my Wifi when i am at home and automatically switches it off when i leave.

Bluetooth auto answer:

When my bluetooth headset it synced to my phone calls can be answered automatically or only calls from certain contacts are automatically answered, good for when your driving ect.

4, Weather background:

I have set it up so that every 2 hours my phone grabs my current weather conditions from a weather RSS feed and then it will change my background automatically depending on what the current conditions are..... If it is raining my background is changed to a rainy picture ect.

you can set this up so it only works are certain times of the day, why would you want to use this at night, your sleeping. you can also choose how many times a day it checks the current weather conditions.

5, Speak Weather

This one i have set up as a widget, when i click the widget again weather data is taken from a RSS feed and then my phones reads out the weather conditions for the current day and the next day, I have also set it up so that it sends a description of the weather to me via text message.

So this is what I have been doing for the last couple of days, Since graduating from university I have gone from doing something every day either electronics or programming, to doing pretty much nothing which i thought i would like having some time off but i have just been extremely bored so i found this and started to mess about and got a bit carried away. :D

you prob think this is useless but as i say i got bored lmao

wow!

lol i wanna test number 2 :D

I would set it up now but what if someones else texts me lmao!

this is the code for number 2 :D -

<class cl="TaskerData" sr="">

<class cl="Profile" sr="prof999999">

<nme>NightSMSResponder</nme>

<id>999999</id>

<mid0>12</mid0>

<class cl="TimeContext" sr="con0">

<tm>0</tm>

<fm>0</fm>

<th>7</th>

<fh>23</fh>

</class>

<clp>true</clp>

<class cl="EventContext" sr="con1">

<pri>0</pri>

<class cl="StringArg" sr="arg2">

<val></val>

</class>

<code>7</code>

<class cl="StringArg" sr="arg1">

<val></val>

</class>

</class>

</class>

<class cl="Task" sr="task12">

<id>12</id>

<class cl="Action" sr="act0">

<code>41</code>

<class cl="StringArg" sr="arg1">

<val>Zzzzzzzzz</val>

</class>

<class cl="StringArg" sr="arg0">

<val>%SMSRF</val>

</class>

</class>

</class>

<nid>0</nid>

<tv>1.0.4b4</tv>

</class>

How power hungry is the app Sparks ?

Hardly anything mate, you can set it up to save your battery life ect.

You can set it up so that your phone goes into airplane mode when your not using it, save alot of battery.

But I use an app called juicedefender to save my battery. It's increased my battery by 2 times.