Dog Ruff beds.... scam?

Simon&Sophia

http://www.dogruff.co.uk/NEW-Round-Dog-Ruff-Bed--Memory-Foam-Crumb-Filling-Free-Delivery-Choose-Size-Colour_p_43.html

So, i want to tread carefully here. This is not an accusation, its an observation from my own experiences with the company. If anyone can help me out, that would be greatly appreciated, especially Silver Fox as you say you have received a replacement cover after the original was chewed through. As well as an observation/open question, i suppose this also a slight warning to you guys who might be interested. If its not a scam, at the very least - it is seemingly really difficult to even get a response to an initial email to these guys, so ive no idea how hard it might be to actually claim a replacement on this prestigious warranty they offer.

Basically, i bought one of these beds. Qilaq chewed through it in 4 days. So i sent them an email, no response. Ive sent them 4 now and still no reply. They dont have a phone number, and the company (TensMED) seem to have a fair few bad reviews on google - especially in reference to how hard it is to get any correspondence from them.

Any help from anyone as to what i should do to get hold of them to get a replacement, or any other action i should take (the bed want cheap at £50), then suggestions would be awesome :)

One love

You can always tell when a company isn't too truthful by the ratings on their websites. Note out of all of their reviews, it's 5 stars every time, meaning either they've wrote them themselves or they've only picked the 5 star reviews to put on there.

I would keep pushing and pushing for an answer.

I've seen their products before in pets at home and have always questioned their durability.

Stacey xxx

You can always tell when a company isn't too truthful by the ratings on their websites. Note out of all of their reviews, it's 5 stars every time, meaning either they've wrote them themselves or they've only picked the 5 star reviews to put on there.

I would keep pushing and pushing for an answer.

I've seen their products before in pets at home and have always questioned their durability.

Stacey xxx

yeah, it was only really the years guarantee that drew me to them. Rather than buying 6 new beds in a year, i thought pay a bit more for one and get it replaced under the warranty

Posted the following in the shoutbox, but it might get lost. Reposting it...

found this: "What is not covered by the Dog Ruff Guarantee? The Dog Ruff Guarantee does not cover damage caused by improper use or neglect, damage caused by normal wear and tear, and damage caused by persistent chewing. Toys are not covered under warranty. Toys are intended as interactive play toys not chew toys."

If you think you got scammed, report it to the better business bureau (or whatever the UK has)

here: http://www.tradingstandards.gov.uk/

Posted the following in the shoutbox, but it might get lost. Reposting it...

yeah, thats the toys...but the warranty on the bed states:

"Warranty for our Dog Ruff Classic Dog Beds

This is an unlimited warranty. If your dog chews through the bed or if anything at all happens to your bed, it is covered under our warranty. We will send out, free of charge, one replacement bed cover.

This warranty is good for 1Year from the day that we shipped out your purchase.

Warranty on all our other items

Currently we do not warrant our other products against chewing"

:/

yeah, thats the toys...but the warranty on the bed states:

"Warranty for our Dog Ruff Classic Dog Beds

This is an unlimited warranty. If your dog chews through the bed or if anything at all happens to your bed, it is covered under our warranty. We will send out, free of charge, one replacement bed cover.

This warranty is good for 1Year from the day that we shipped out your purchase.

Warranty on all our other items

Currently we do not warrant our other products against chewing"

:/

Hm...well...try to contact them again...and if they still don't respond in a week or so...contact the BBB above.

Hm...well...try to contact them again...and if they still don't respond in a week or so...contact the BBB above.

(by the way, the bold text wasnt me being all "see im right, i told you so blah blah.." i just copy and pasted from their website lol. just noticed it looked abit arsey lol)

yeah, i think ill give them another week or so, then take it to the BBB :)

Thanks Elyse :)

(by the way, the bold text wasnt me being all "see im right, i told you so blah blah.." i just copy and pasted from their website lol. just noticed it looked abit arsey lol)

yeah, i think ill give them another week or so, then take it to the BBB :)

Thanks Elyse :)

LOL - that's alright. I figured it was just bolded on their website. :)

No problem; hope it works out for you! Sometimes, companies take FOREVER to respond just because they don't have enough staff for customer service. So, give them a bit more time to get back to you.

LOL - that's alright. I figured it was just bolded on their website. :)

No problem; hope it works out for you! Sometimes, companies take FOREVER to respond just because they don't have enough staff for customer service. So, give them a bit more time to get back to you.

:D good good

thanks! ill give them a little more time, and see what happens

If you don't get any reply from them after a reasonable amount of time I would suggest taking up the matter with Trading Standards. Also try writing to the company and include pictures of the bed if possible

yeah i sent pictures with the emails. Its one of the terms and conditions of the warranty anyway, to provide evidence that it is actually torn

• 1 month later...

LOUISE17 That's gotta be frustrating. Keep trying! I'd send at least 2 emails a day until you hear something!

I've been looking for the past 20 minutes online trying to find a phone number for that place. The fact that they've gone to great pains to ensure that there is no phone number online concerns me... And their only address is "the Barn." Sketchy. But apparently the Post can find it! How far is Landimore from you? I'd be inclined to drive over there and bang on the door!

its so frustrating when you feel like or indeed have been took for a fool! problem is there is no where on the web where one can actually put a review other than through them - and funnily enough i had a email asking for a review but when I try and click the linnk it just reverts you to the home page! no where to review! would like to warn other unsuspecting dog lovers!

Think Gower is a long way from us, unfortunately!

Ps, sadie my dog is very happy to be a husky! think she has always thought of herself as something along those lines anyway! typical Jack Russell!!

Ahaha! Well, welcome to the group! I'd say Jack Russells are big dogs in little suits! My brother in law has one that he uses to herd cattle, and he's really good at it!

You might mention in your emails (very politely, of course! ;)) that if you do not get a suitable response from them within "X" amount of time, you will take it to the Trades Board/Better Business, and that you will let everyone you know on FB and the various dog forums you are on know about the problems you have had!

Did you pay by credit card or better still PayPal as they may be able to help you. The company(s) are also VAT registered VAT NO: 109678092 When you google this VAT # you also come up with other businesses with the same registration number located in Bridgend. None of the businesses have a contact telephone number.

Phone the London Borough of Islington VAT advice centre on 0845 010 9000 might be able to help you or put you on the right lines, but from reading the mumsnet.com blog a woman (towards end of page) has done the research with no joy.

Also seems from researching customers thoughts for their other companies it does make good reading, http://community.babycentre.co.uk/post/a14457065/tens_med_tensmed.co.uk_do_not_use?cpg=2&csi=2054208751&pd=1

Even worse http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/other_products_chat/936794-TENS-MACHINE-DIRECT/AllOnOnePage which also shows other business names they use and the number of dissatisfied expectatant mothers who have been let down by the Registrant of the businesses Mr Jonathan Davies.

Sounds like Trading Standards should definitely be investigating this.

Also bear in mind two additional things: the sale of goods act and the distance selling act

Sale of goods act means that items purchase should last a reasonable amount of time. this means that you are well within your right to ask for replacement of refund if you feel the item purchased has not lasted a reasonable amount of time

Distance selling is a protection for items bought on the internet, it protects the buyer from getting stung with faulty or incorrect items from a buyer that deals just on the internet. If the item hasnt lasted its warrently, you can regard it as faulty.

Persistance is the key and after a reasonable amount of time contact Trading Standards

Also contact your bank or paypal about tyring to get your money back, at the end of the day you have a useless item and seller is non communicative.