camera - zoom error

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Catalogue sales are covered by the same trading standards laws as shop sales (and they have additional laws eg distance selling regulations).

-- edited to say --

so if it's a manufacturing defect you're covered, but if it's been huskified you're stuffed.:P

Oh. It's one of those little ones that you can crush with a brick (hehe...sorry...that was mean. I like making fun of those cameras.) :P

You mean, when you switched it off, the lens didn't flesh out with the rest of the camera body?

Oh. It's one of those little ones that you can crush with a brick (hehe...sorry...that was mean. I like making fun of those cameras.) :P

You mean, when you switched it off, the lens didn't flesh out with the rest of the camera body?

it goes out then back in again then out n then in again (not sure how to explain it)

Try the things on this page:

http://camerarepair.blogspot.com/2007/12/fixing-lens-error-on-digital-camera.html

Make sure to read it carefully...

The methods are listed in the order of risk of damaging your camera. Thus make sure you try them in the listed order. And remember, these fixes (especially #6 and 7) should only be considered for a camera that's out of warranty, who's cost of repair would be excessive, and would otherwise be considered for disposal if unrepaired

dont wanna risk breaking it more tho? :/

argh :(

A bunch of the steps won't break it or hurt it - I read it over.

Do up to (and including) method #5.

And do this one too:

Fix #7a: Note that this particular fix is intended only for cameras with lens barrels that try to extend, but then stop partway, and then return to their stored position. Try grabbing and holding the smallest inner lens barrel at its furthest extended position, preventing it from returning to the camera. Examine and clean around the lens barrel any noticed dust or dirt. Turn off and restart the camera again. If the lens extends even further, grab it again at its furthest extension, preventing it from returning. Clean again. Keep repeating until the lens is fully extended. Turn off the camera and restart it to see if the lens error has gone away.

Nix - Just in case call the seller anyway and line them up that you have noticed a problem- record details of the convo cos it is likely to happen again..... :( and we don't want to miss out on any pics of blaze and skyla :D

Camera will def be under manufacturers warranty but only if you can you show you haven't messed about with it or damaged it yourself in some way and can provide proof of purchase - even if that is a bank or credit card statement. The shop/catalogue need to take responsibility to replace or repair as they were the seller but they will perhaps try to wriggle out of it and send you back to the manufacturer. The seller deals with the manufactuer. Stick to your guns they are legally obliged to help. If you want I can send you some info on sale of goods act and your rights as purchaser (inc. distance selling) to quote if they get funny. (i promise it's not mega long - but can be handy for so many things esp ebay. I've found). Unfortunately it's on my work laptop and I'm in Ireland on business until Friday. Let me know if you need it..... ;)

Nix - Just in case call the seller anyway and line them up that you have noticed a problem- record details of the convo cos it is likely to happen again..... :( and we don't want to miss out on any pics of blaze and skyla :D

Camera will def be under manufacturers warranty but only if you can you show you haven't messed about with it or damaged it yourself in some way and can provide proof of purchase - even if that is a bank or credit card statement. The shop/catalogue need to take responsibility to replace or repair as they were the seller but they will perhaps try to wriggle out of it and send you back to the manufacturer. The seller deals with the manufactuer. Stick to your guns they are legally obliged to help. If you want I can send you some info on sale of goods act and your rights as purchaser (inc. distance selling) to quote if they get funny. (i promise it's not mega long - but can be handy for so many things esp ebay. I've found). Unfortunately it's on my work laptop and I'm in Ireland on business until Friday. Let me know if you need it..... ;)

thanks :) that would really help if u could send it over when u get the chance :) x