my stoopid dog

PawPrints

lmao oh dear make sure you've got poop bags ready!

Would he do well with a younger dog do you think austinville? just wondering if it would bring his puppy phase back slightly?

I don't know. I'm actually worried that introducing a younger dog would make him feel like he was being replaced and that he might just give up.....

We have a lab/rottie cross that my husband recently allowed to 'move' into the house. Since then, Bo no longer walks upstairs to sleep at the foot of my bed. I wonder if his arthritis is worsening, or if he assumes that since "that other dog" is there that there is no need for him to try anymore.....

awww i don't think it'd be that he felt pushed out, he's a great age now, maybe he finds it more difficult and it's easier for him to stay downstairs?

Dogs tend to form a "pack" easily, maybe he's more than happy letting the other dog take the lead while he chills out. Just make sure he doesn't start to mope about and become distant, i can't see you letting him get to that stage though, you come across very caring x

PawPrints: Haha! They are funny when they do silly things like that aren't they! Good luck cleaning that up, we have to put locks on our cupboards so they can't get in as Bandit worked out how to open them, cheeky boy!

For Austinville: I agree with Sarah, I don't he will feel like he is being replaced. I think if you bring a younger Husky in (Doesn't necessarily need to be a puppy but young adult) may help him feel young again! My sister used to have a Staffie cross Mastiff (Rudie) who like all dogs was getting on a bit and he had arthritis and my sister (Lorraine) bought a Doberman puppy (called Holly) and she had the same worry you had but Rudie started to get more active than he was and started to behave like an adult dog and not a dog that looks like he is coming to the end of his days.

I think it's more of a physiological thing for them.