Skyla has on her lip a red patch -i havent been able 2 get a pic yet as shes out back watching the fireworks n when the camera flashes it just makes her fur look bright white so u cant see it

if it is ZRD what do i give her

if it isnt will giving her anything for ZRD have any effect on her (bad?)

thanks - will try and get a pic soon as i can

Well I would definitely ask a vet. Too much zinc can be toxic as well for dogs (although I am not sure whether regular zinc supplements can be toxic or you need much higher quantities). There might be other diseases similar to ZRD in aspect, like demodectic mange or bacterial infection. Could it be a contact allergy to her bowl or anything like that?

I don't know how the patch looks like, but still... does it look like she could have bitten her own lip?

Well I would definitely ask a vet. Too much zinc can be toxic as well for dogs (although I am not sure whether regular zinc supplements can be toxic or you need much higher quantities). There might be other diseases similar to ZRD in aspect, like demodectic mange.

Is it possible that she bit her own lip?

nt that i know of - could have been done when playing with the boys tho

will try and get a pic soon as i can its really hard n doesnt show up well

have a search for other threads on here regarding ZRD - I know I have posted a few photos in them of Myshka when she has had an outbreak. Now I just make sure when she has chicken wings with bone in, she gets a Zinc tablet to supplement her diet (the calcium in the bones is absorbed quicker by the body & stops the absorption of zinc, therefore causing the problem)