Battlefield 3

Tripled

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I pre-ordered it, picked it up the other day -

Cons - EA servers go down quite often, leaving MP, well, useless most of the time. SP is in fact a bit like COD:Black Ops - interrogating the "player" while he "relives" the story... Co-Op: Sucks right now, but I only have the 2 available missions for it, so maybe it will get better.

Pros - MP gameplay is great (when working). I love having the jets back - Although I have noticed console gamers just don't know how to fly lol. I've spent quite a bit of time in the Jets, and haven't been shot down yet. Squad control is great, and the maps are just huge - although, I wish they would space the waypoints out a little bit more in conquest. SP Gameplay is a bit fun when the servers go down.

If you have a 360 and get BF3, by all means please add me: "DAT Parabola949"

Thought i would add my... thoughts lol

I haven't played the campaign yet, as this isn't what i bought the game for. I'm all about online multi-player!

The online multi-player is amazing! I love it! I agree with the issues highlighted above, the servers are usually dificult to get on and if you eneter a game in a squad, by the time the game starts, your no longer a full squad and players are usually on opposite teams. I'm sure this will be sorted soon??

I have played the COD series since the first modern warfare and i do like them, but to me MW3 looks exactly the same as MW2 but with a few different maps. This means there will be no 'team' play and more annoying killstreaks!

I prefer Battlefield due to the MASSIVE maps, vehicles and no killstreaks

P.s - Is anyone playing Battlefield 3 on xbox 360?

Thought i would add my... thoughts lol

I haven't played the campaign yet, as this isn't what i bought the game for. I'm all about online multi-player!

The online multi-player is amazing! I love it! I agree with the issues highlighted above, the servers are usually dificult to get on and if you eneter a game in a squad, by the time the game starts, your no longer a full squad and players are usually on opposite teams. I'm sure this will be sorted soon??

I have played the COD series since the first modern warfare and i do like them, but to me MW3 looks exactly the same as MW2 but with a few different maps. This means there will be no 'team' play and more annoying killstreaks!

I prefer Battlefield due to the MASSIVE maps, vehicles and no killstreaks

P.s - Is anyone playing Battlefield 3 on xbox 360?

Tony will be as of today because ive bought it for him for his Birthday. He is ManicSniper :)

I decided to get it in the end anyway on Friday too, aways been more of a battlefield person (The original 1942 ftw!), haven't actually been online yet as not had much time but whilst the campaign is pretty glitchy I've been pleasantly surprised by that even, although would have preferred if they tried to stick to there own thing slightly more rather then trying to be COD!

I'm on the xbox also if anyone wants to add me Jungiist (Looks like JungIist, long story..), slightly obsessed with Forza atm too though!

Well my gamertag is: IXI Dave

We should definatly arrange a 'Husky Owners Squad' and meet up for a game. What days is everyone usually free?

I can do Fridays, Saturdays or Sundays

@Marc did you get the game?

I'm definitely up for that, Weekends mostly for me also but sometimes get on weeknights if I get time / skip the gym lol

I'm definitely up for that, Weekends mostly for me also but sometimes get on weeknights if I get time / skip the gym lol

Well if you are around this weekend I will be on, Usually Friday nights around 8/9pm for a few hours

Although Kodi's best friend (My sisters dog, Buster the Staffi) is coming to stay the weekend and he doesn't like fireworks so that may ruin all of the gaming plans. Although I'm hoping Kodi can be a calming influence as he isn't fussed about them.

I decided to get it in the end anyway on Friday too, aways been more of a battlefield person (The original 1942 ftw!), haven't actually been online yet as not had much time but whilst the campaign is pretty glitchy I've been pleasantly surprised by that even, although would have preferred if they tried to stick to there own thing slightly more rather then trying to be COD!

I'm on the xbox also if anyone wants to add me Jungiist (Looks like JungIist, long story..), slightly obsessed with Forza atm too though!

Right! I've been playing the SP and while i like it, i am finding it similar to CoD in so many ways.

Gotta love a bit of Bad Company, the story and humour made it so enjoyable to play!

I'm on xbox if you don't mind having a girl on the team ;) OnlyThisGirl ( can you see where i got my forum name from...:whistling:)

Right! I've been playing the SP and while i like it, i am finding it similar to CoD in so many ways.

Gotta love a bit of Bad Company, the story and humour made it so enjoyable to play!

I'm on xbox if you don't mind having a girl on the team ;) OnlyThisGirl ( can you see where i got my forum name from...:whistling:)

Count yourself in :up: Are you around on Friday night?

but all the bugs in the game spoil it! each time I say I'll give it another go, get that little bit further, and find little parts that just aren't great.

All the time they spent doing this, raving over the new frostbite engine, and they get the small things wrong, which spoil the game!

Yeah I think the BC was a good approach really, the normal BF's sp has always been non existent to nothing really but mp with bots but with that it did at least get a story in there but keep the open bf feel!

I personally think thats what the more annoying thing is though, its because they've tried to do the everything scripted to a blockbuster movie COD style which isn't there thing they've done a poor job of doing those bits technically which COD have worked on and worked on, and not played to the bits that they do do well! Specially regarding to the hype about the new frostbite engine, a part of it was about the destructivity but in sp it all seems so predetermined rather then feeling like you've had any input into the outcome..

Well if you are around this weekend I will be on, Usually Friday nights around 8/9pm for a few hours

Although Kodi's best friend (My sisters dog, Buster the Staffi) is coming to stay the weekend and he doesn't like fireworks so that may ruin all of the gaming plans. Although I'm hoping Kodi can be a calming influence as he isn't fussed about them.

I should be good for Friday as well pending any doggie distractions, I think Mishka is fine with the fireworks but GOD I'm sure she hates me playing on the xbox haha

I should be good for Friday as well pending any doggie distractions, I think Mishka is fine with the fireworks but GOD I'm sure she hates me playing on the xbox haha

Yeah Kodi doesn't really like me playing xbox or being on the laptop or being on my phone.... anything that means he hasn't got my attention really lol.