YOGIBEAR

Hope its ok , but i would like to add my baby Yogibear, as i like him to be where i,m at..if that makes sense, i lost Yogi a few months ago and its all still very raw and has affected me badly, having little Loki has helped so much as he is a little sweetheart :)

Yogi had severe HD/osteoarthritis, so we had to let him go, he was only 3yrs so has been very heartbreaking ....hope you are running free at the bridge my darling boy :)086-1-1-1-1.jpg

Just can,t stop thinking about him, he was just the most wonderful dog, at 15 months old my vet advised that his quality of life wouldn,t be much, 10 mins on lead max, i knew what he was saying but i knew he was happy with his lot and with meds we went on to have extra time , he was the most lovable, loyal dog i,ve ever had, he never complained, guess he never knew any different, towards the end we were having to hold him up with a sheet under him (just the last week)and had to face the reality that this was no kind of life for a proud beautiful boy and had to make that awful decison to let him go:(, miss him dreadfully, he was very special and taught me a lot about the strengh of the spirit to live xx

Just can,t stop thinking about him, he was just the most wonderful dog, at 15 months old my vet advised that his quality of life wouldn,t be much, 10 mins on lead max, i knew what he was saying but i knew he was happy with his lot and with meds we went on to have extra time , he was the most lovable, loyal dog i,ve ever had, he never complained, guess he never knew any different, towards the end we were having to hold him up with a sheet under him (just the last week)and had to face the reality that this was no kind of life for a proud beautiful boy and had to make that awful decison to let him go:(, miss him dreadfully, he was very special and taught me a lot about the strengh of the spirit to live xx

*hugs* I find it's so much harder when it's a mercy decision. At what point does the quality of life become so bad that it's better to be dead than alive? I've lost quite a few dogs in my day, and all were old age, sudden, or immediate need to be put to sleep (ie: would die horribly otherwise). All but one. Trinity, my last husky cross, had hypothyroidism and Cushing's. The Cushing's was severe and caused by a tumor. It kept getting worse, and we were fighting it with drugs and doing everything we could for her. For 2 years we battled her conditions. But by the end she was emaciated and had to be forcefed because she just couldn't bring herself to eat, which was her main joy in life. Instead of getting better, she just got worse - the drugs were like chemotherapy and almost as bad as the disease. After 3 truly awful months, I made the decision to put her to sleep. It was so hard, because I felt like I was giving up on her. But it was the right decision. She had fought hard enough.

I believe in reincarnation, and ever since I first got her because of her general attitude I always joked that she must have been born a dog in this life for some great wrong she did in another life. Well, whatever it was, I'm sure she paid the price ten-fold, and has hopefully move on to something better!

I'm so sorry to hear about your lost of your sweet Yogibear. RIP:heartbeat:

Ravenwolf your post also touch my heart, what love are in both of your words. I have to believe that I will see my dogs again, after this life on earth. If we are suppose to be truly happy than our dogs will be waiting for us. I believe that mine will be waiting to lead the way for me and to walk again by my side.:angel:

and you should never stop thinking about him, he sounds like a real fighter & quite a strong character, he would leave a hole in your life. But it's the point we have to stop being "selfish" for want of a better phrase & keep them with us and let them go to be free from what they are enduring and it's a brave person who makes that decision for their pet. I did it with my GSD 8 years ago, I loved him dearly but couldn't let him suffer.

Feel free to post pics too, if you want to, xx