Online Auction for ALL MEMBERS

Sarah

Ok guys have a look at this picture

jolynnbreedhistoryprint1-jpg.22443

It has been kindly donated to us by @sutsibe to put money towards the cost of flying a member from oversea's to next years big camp in April.

shipping would be rather expensive so going to start the bid at £30 if anyone would like to make an offer?

The picture shows 90 years of Siberian Husky history, with some of the most famous dogs and people in the earlier history of the breed in the US... it comes with a cheat sheet showing who each one is as well along with the frame.

@Sutsibe feel free to add any extra info on here

Right guys - start bidding!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok guys have a look at this picture

jolynnbreedhistoryprint1-jpg.22443

It has been kindly donated to us by @sutsibe to put money towards the cost of flying a member from oversea's to next years big camp in April.

shipping would be rather expensive so going to start the bid at £30 if anyone would like to make an offer?

The picture shows 90 years of Siberian Husky history, with some of the most famous dogs and people in the earlier history of the breed in the US... it comes with a cheat sheet showing who each one is as well along with the frame.

@Sutsibe feel free to add any extra info on here

Right guys - start bidding!

more info please ie artist how old is it etc

Well, I was hoping to find a web page, but no luck! The artist is a woman named JoLynn from Fulton, NY, USA. The print would have been made in the late 1980a or the early 1990s, as I got it at the SHCA National Specialty around 1992. The print is called "Siberian Husky - 90 Years in North America", and is professionally matted and framed - the frame is a matt-silver color.

Among the humans and dogs depicted in the print are: Leonard Seppala and his winning All Alaska Sweepstakes team from 1915 and 1916, Seppala with Togo, a group of imports from Siberia, circa 1930 (Kreevanka and Tserko are among these dogs)Millie Turner Remick with a Cold River Kennels' team, Short Seeley with Ch. Wonalancet's Baldy of Alyeska of Chinook Kennels, Izok of Gap Mountain, Doc Lombard, Ch. Alaskan's Bonzo of Anadyr, CD, Earl Norris & team, Ch. Monadnock's King & Ch. Monadnock's Pando with Lorna Demidoff, Igloo Pak's Wing A, Ch. Alakazan's Nikolai, Ch. Koonah's Red Kiska, Peggy Grant with Ch. Marlytuk's Red Sun of Kiska and Ch. Marlytuk's Kiska-too of Chaku, Ch. Monadnock's Akela, Charley Posey with a team at the White House, Ch. Frosty Aire's Banner Boy.......

If there is other information you would like, let me know, and I will try to get the information if I don't know it.