Mishka's Diary....until she finds her forever home!

Tan J P

Mishka has been here almost 24hrs

and in that time we have learnt she has disgusting table manners,terrible food aggression,and a jealousy streak.:eek:

On a happier note,she loves kisses and cuddles,walks gorgeously,sits(working on wait) is clean in the house and adores Shadow:D

Her and Tia have had a few words.......Tia would like to maintain her 'queenie' position but Mishka would kind of like that title too:rolleyes:

Marley has told her off too......in the nice shoulder barge way he has adopted!!

So all in all........a fab 24hrs!

Am going to leave them tomorrow for 10mins:eek: and see if we have any s/a going on too.

Oh dear.....we've just had the most horrendous bitch fight ever between Tia and Mishka:jawdrop:

no blood or injuries though....phewww,thankfully i was there

all over me picking up their food bowls ready for dinner

Mishka just flew for Tia.

the aggression in her where meals are concerned is shocking

she will sit and wait in line for treats with no issues,its just meal times!!

if i fed her first there wouldn't be a problem but i dont want to do this

last in gets bowl down last here,and it wouldn't be helping her if i did it the other way,need to try and get this behavior out of her.

we are working through the same thing with diezel. he thinks all food bowls r his . we are feeding him and suki seperatley for the forsee able future. they are both horrendous .suki wont touch her own bowl if she is with our three and our three wont accept her sticking her head in their bowls . gahhhh stress . glad there was no blood shed

Glad there was no blood split. we had the same food aggression problem with Nikki when we first got her and its taken months to get it out of her. Good luck with it we used to seperate them to feed them then slowly work towards getting them in opposite ends of the same room if thats any help to you

A pic of them all together...aww!

looks so cute,but 5mins later she had a scrap over the water bowl,she has not done this before.

bless her,i dont think she knows how to behave round other dogs at all:( and there is only the owners that you can blame,makes me so angry!

post-2421-13585993642347_thumb.jpg

I see fostering as no different than bringing a new dog into the pack. :D We just had a scrap over the tug toy, and it got put away. :oops:Jessy likes toys and while we have a box, the boys gave up on them a long time ago except for the tug. You can't play tug with 3, so away it goes. Yesterday they all ate at the same time and then checked out bowls, this morning, Jessy wasn't done when the other 2 were and she left her bowl to check out theirs, and Jack went for it. I was faster. She is used to being free fed, so it's a new experience for her. It all seems to work out. It took a month before I was convinced that Jack would blend with Andy, so I suspect this will be the same. Jack and Jessy are working out who is in 2nd as far as pack order. :wow2: She makes a noise also that Jack hates!:jawdrop:

@Tan J P it will take some time for Mishka to settle into a feeding routine. Odin was like this initially and after a few weeks he began to relax a little more and would wait for his own food and not bother the others. Only advice I have is be sure to be diligent and always supervise them around mealtimes. Scraps in the beginning are normal and are to be expected honestly- with both fosters and permanent members of the family.

Thanks @Arooroomom :)

i never leave even mine unsupervised while eating even now....you just never know!!

Mishka is doing well she just needs to learn boundaries i think.

we've had a much better day with her today so she's doing really well.:clap:

She's even been playing properly.......with a waggy bum as oppose to going in for the kill:eek: