Winter coat...?

linangel

I'm very curious when reading other member thread about their husky winter coat. Here in Indo and most part of south east Asia, we only have two season : rainy season and dry season. That means...our husky will not or ever grow their winter coat...? Just very10x curious when u guys talk about "our boy/girl started to grow their winter coat" or " their started to blow their winter coat".

Is there a big difference in appearance when they grow their winter coat and when they blow their winter coat? Or it depends on what type of fur ur husky have ? Do u guys here have any photo of ur boy or girl with winter coat and after their blow their winter coat...? Thanks for reading this strange question...but every time i'm reading a thread on this forum talking about winter coat...makes me just wondering...:)

A lot of how much winter fur they get depends on how cold it gets where the individual dog lives, and also how much time the dog spends outdoors in cold(er) weather. Where I live, it can get down to -27 C at nights in winter fairly easily, and some of my dogs will choose to sleep outdoors even when it's that cold (more likely if it isn't windy). Because they often choose to stay out a lot in winter cold and snow, they tend to get very thick, full coats. Austinville/Becky's Ryn was bred by me, but lives indoors except to go out to relieve herself or play for a little while, so her coat doesn't get as full or thick as my dogs' coats... Here's a video of my removing fur from one of my boys this summer. I used a high-speed blow dryer to remove the fur, and there are some pictures of him after the coat came out, as well.

http://www.husky-owners.com/forum/threads/de-furring-raf.25363/

No winter that means no winter coat...:banghead: What am i thinking...:duh: Thank's for the info, Gigi...Here in Bandung the temperature usually between 18 degree C-28 degree C, sometimes it can reach 16 degree C which is very rare and up to 30 degree C if it's really hot...and, WOW...it's...(i'm speechless):P... when they blow up their winter coat...:D I think i'm glad that we only have 2 season and no winter here...:)

• 8 years later...
4 hours ago, Autumn Brooks said:

I have a question. I have a 3 yr old husky. He sheds so much in the summer but he seems to keep shedding and not growing his winter coat and it’s december. He goes in and out all day long so he feels the cold. Is this normal? Will he start growing his coat back? Why is he still shedding?

They do tend to shed their summer coat ready for their winter coat to grow in so that could be what your experiencing,  some Huskies tho shed all year round , neutering can affect this 

• 11 months later...

Hello I have German Shepard husky around 18 months old and her fur is really thin my other husky has grown his fur but she hasn’t grown even her puppies have thicker fur than her and i don’t know why there are outside dogs but I have to put her in a shed every night so she won’t freeze so can someone please help