Sign in to follow this  
sutsibe

2012 Iowa Meet

Just need to have all the planning done early - very early as there are those two weddings next summer as well......

Everyone should begin collecting husky fur now, so that there is plenty collected for the padded room I will be needing.

BTW, all of you are invited to both! June 23 for my son, Sept. 22 for my daughter's. Bring the huskies and we'll turn them into husky meets!

I'm cabin W2! :)

There goes the neighborhood.

We're planning on doing the campground thing...so lemme know when it gets closer what/who I need to torment about getting a spot...not sure if we're gunna rent a camper or tent it again at this point...again will know a bit closer to things.

We're planning on doing the campground thing...so lemme know when it gets closer what/who I need to torment about getting a spot...not sure if we're gunna rent a camper or tent it again at this point...again will know a bit closer to things.

That would be me! LOL

I'll be sure there's a spot for you.

Not sure how I missed all these posts except for maybe Jeff was getting the alerts and not telling me. Wondering...what does everyone think about installing high zip lines through the trees to tie out the dogs instead of tying them out with leads laying on the ground for us to trip on? Seems that with more dogs (it sounds like) might be a good idea. We could certainly get the cords, and figure out the connections, then everyone just needs to attach. Huh? :rolleyes: You say, is she crazy?:jawdrop: Of course she is...:doglaugh:But she also got really tired really fast untangling huskies....:angry: and we know from photos that it takes 3 grown men to untangle one set of huskies...:P Thoughts? Gotta leave for work now...will check back later tonight!:bananadance:

Sounds like its worth a try.......

Ryn has a line at home from the house to a tree farther out. It was strategically placed so that my first husky couldn't get tangled around other trees. He left the smaller trees alone, however, Ryn is my little tree trimmer and occasionally removes a branch here or there so they are to her liking.

Not sure how I missed all these posts except for maybe Jeff was getting the alerts and not telling me. Wondering...what does everyone think about installing high zip lines through the trees to tie out the dogs instead of tying them out with leads laying on the ground for us to trip on? Seems that with more dogs (it sounds like) might be a good idea. We could certainly get the cords, and figure out the connections, then everyone just needs to attach. Huh? :rolleyes: You say, is she crazy?:jawdrop: Of course she is...:doglaugh:But she also got really tired really fast untangling huskies....:angry: and we know from photos that it takes 3 grown men to untangle one set of huskies...:P Thoughts? Gotta leave for work now...will check back later tonight!:bananadance:

Certainly worth a try - although if they're close enough together, they're still likely to tangle... xx.gif

Certainly worth a try - although if they're close enough together, they're still likely to tangle... xx.gif

Yes, while i expect they will still tangle some, it might be easier to untangle them if the leads aren't all laying on the ground. Maybe I can find loop hooks that will not allow tangling (in my dreams!)

Yes, while i expect they will still tangle some, it might be easier to untangle them if the leads aren't all laying on the ground. Maybe I can find loop hooks that will not allow tangling (in my dreams!)

If you can find it on sale, I think that the plastic covered wire cable tangles a lot less than rope... Perhaps anyone coming interested in one can try to get a length of cable - or chip money toward one maybe? - and we can make them for their use?

If you can find it on sale, I think that the plastic covered wire cable tangles a lot less than rope... Perhaps anyone coming interested in one can try to get a length of cable - or chip money toward one maybe? - and we can make them for their use?

I have at least one 30' plastic-covered cable I can loan (I have two cables, but one might be just 20'). Even if I can't make it to camp (and I do want to try), it would be like $5 to stuff them into a priority box to mail them you -- much cheaper than going out and buying them.

(Just don't let me for get over then next 300 and some-odd days!)

I have at least one 30' plastic-covered cable I can loan (I have two cables, but one might be just 20'). Even if I can't make it to camp (and I do want to try), it would be like $5 to stuff them into a priority box to mail them you -- much cheaper than going out and buying them.

(Just don't let me for get over then next 300 and some-odd days!)

Yeah, right.... like *I'M* going to remember! HAHA.gifThank you - we'll see what happens!

:doglaugh:

You have to understand, Nanci - I have a memory like a sieve! Makes it hard to hold grudges, I will admit, but I also tend to forget anything not written down! Emoticon-grin.gif

I totally get it, that's why I was laughing...:doglaugh:I'm menopausal, so usually my memory gives in the middle of a sentence and I sound like I've stroked out and am suffering from aphasia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:duh::banghead::duh::doglaugh:

I totally get it, that's why I was laughing...:doglaugh:I'm menopausal, so usually my memory gives in the middle of a sentence and I sound like I've stroked out and am suffering from aphasia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:duh::banghead::duh::doglaugh:

AnimatedlaughingDog.gifI can relate, unfortunately! Usually it's not so much when I'm talking, as when I'm trying to do too many things at once, though! I've never been a good multi-tasker! :P