Sign in to follow this  
sutsibe

2012 Iowa Meet

welcome.gif16.gif

We have now set a date for our 2012 Iowa meet-up! It will be the weekend of September 14-16, at the same location as this year's was - Prairie Bridges Park in Ackley, Iowa. I probably wouldn't worry about reserving a camping spot until spring/early summer, but there are only 7 cabins at Crazy Acres, so make reservations there ASAP! There are also some links to hotels that are relatively close, in case they're needed.

Prairie Bridges Park, Ackley, Iowa - http://www.ackleyiow...irieBridges.htm

641-485-1623 - Camping, walking trails, Command Central! :camping:

L Brant's Crazy Acres Ackley, Iowa - http://lbrandtscrazyacres.com/RentalCabins.htm

Cabins (7 total) plus camping (there aren't as many trees at this campground) cabin1.gif

There are 3 hotels in Iowa Falls, the largest town near Ackley - From the outside, they all look decent, but I honestly don't have any experience with any of them. http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=hotels+iowa+falls+ia&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

The Scenic Inn is closest at 13.5 miles from Ackley - East side of Iowa Falls

On the west side of town (near Walmart and other shopping amenities) - App. 14.3 miles

Americinn (Indoor pool and other amenities)

Super 8 (Also has a pool and spa - specifically states "Pets allowed")

More information will follow as we get closer to the date... Also closer to the date, I'll post a thread requesting designs for the official 2012 T-shirt, so be thinking of designs!

Becky and I will be assigning jobs to those coming for the next year, so if there is something in particular that you would like to volunteer for - PLEASE let us know about it! beg.gif47.gif

we're excited! let me know if you need help with anything!

i called today to reserve a cabin, but i got the answering machine

welcome.gif16.gif

We have now set a date for our 2012 Iowa meet-up! It will be the weekend of September 14-16, at the same location as this year's was - Prairie Bridges Park in Ackley, Iowa. I probably wouldn't worry about reserving a camping spot until spring/early summer, but there are only 7 cabins at Crazy Acres, so make reservations there ASAP! There are also some links to hotels that are relatively close, in case they're needed.

Prairie Bridges Park, Ackley, Iowa - http://www.ackleyiow...irieBridges.htm

641-485-1623 - Camping, walking trails, Command Central! :camping:

L Brant's Crazy Acres Ackley, Iowa - http://lbrandtscrazyacres.com/RentalCabins.htm

Cabins (7 total) plus camping (there aren't as many trees at this campground) cabin1.gif

There are 3 hotels in Iowa Falls, the largest town near Ackley - From the outside, they all look decent, but I honestly don't have any experience with any of them. http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=hotels iowa falls ia&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

The Scenic Inn is closest at 13.5 miles from Ackley - East side of Iowa Falls

On the west side of town (near Walmart and other shopping amenities) - App. 14.3 miles

Americinn (Indoor pool and other amenities)

Super 8 (Also has a pool and spa - specifically states "Pets allowed")

More information will follow as we get closer to the date... Also closer to the date, I'll post a thread requesting designs for the official 2012 T-shirt, so be thinking of designs!

Becky and I will be assigning jobs to those coming for the next year, so if there is something in particular that you would like to volunteer for - PLEASE let us know about it! beg.gif47.gif

Iowa Falls was not a bad drive at all, and they have Dairy Queen! You'll have plenty of time to go in and check out the motels on the inside, though clean is really all that's needed, and the cabins were that....small warm showers, but it was convenient, and what we needed most was a shower and bed at the end of the night!

Do you want to make a list of "jobs" and have people sign up before assigning? Thoughts on the kinds of jobs? I will PM you two at some point with my thoughts and you can do with them what you'd like. I miss everyone and the boys are finally back to normal, and Andy was even hungry tonight and ate kibble with just a sprinkle of cheese. That's fairly normal for him! Jackson has actually slowed down eating since he's back...and seems different !! A good time was had by all!

Do you want to make a list of "jobs" and have people sign up before assigning? Thoughts on the kinds of jobs? I will PM you two at some point with my thoughts and you can do with them what you'd like. I miss everyone and the boys are finally back to normal, and Andy was even hungry tonight and ate kibble with just a sprinkle of cheese. That's fairly normal for him! Jackson has actually slowed down eating since he's back...and seems different !! A good time was had by all!

Sounds great! I would appreciate ideas, anyway, and I'm sure Becky wouldn't mind...

Glad the boys are back to normal!

:yahoo: I'll scope places out when I get there in October; I might camp though since I miss camping.

As for jobs; I'm up for doing (almost) anything. :D Although, I am going to volunteer right now to make ribs with a sweet N sour sauce one of the nights. :whistling: (got ya droolin yet? :P)

Sooo can't wait for next year!

Someone can volunteer to keep the camp in water. I found that it was one of the needed items everyone seemed to run out of if they wanted to give their dogs bottled water instead of campground water. We could do a money pool for water, at about $2 a gallon, and make a good guess based on number of huskies drinking bottled (mine were spoiled along with Bella and Sid and Tux) and do a morning/evening water run!

Someone can volunteer to keep the camp in water. I found that it was one of the needed items everyone seemed to run out of if they wanted to give their dogs bottled water instead of campground water. We could do a money pool for water, at about $2 a gallon, and make a good guess based on number of huskies drinking bottled (mine were spoiled along with Bella and Sid and Tux) and do a morning/evening water run!

That's a possibility, particularly if anyone ends up staying at one of the hotels in Iowa Falls, especially at one of the two on the west side of town by the Walmart...

I too have e-mailed. They are a bit slow in responding.

We are definitely considering Iowa Falls, only a 10 mile drive, Dairy Queen, and maybe a real bed and shower. Sorry, I'm a city girl at heart!

We are definitely considering Iowa Falls, only a 10 mile drive, Dairy Queen, and maybe a real bed and shower. Sorry, I'm a city girl at heart!

:doglaugh:

I may end up staying at home so I don't have to leave at awkward moments to take care of my crew...

i called and emailed again for a cabin....still no answer :(

I think that is pretty typical, Jennet - they seem to be pretty slow to respond!

On an up-note --- Iowa Husky Camp 2012 begins 1 year/366 days from today!!! :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

do you know what would be a good time to call? where they'd actually be in the office to answer?

I truly don't have a clue, sorry! The office, by what I saw when I dropped in early in the summer, is in the restaurant/bar on the property, and I don't think the cook answers the phone. He took a message for me when I stopped in then, but the owner wasn't in. Seems like she did call me a couple of days later... If you don't hear from them in a couple of days, I can go over and see if I can make everyone's reservations for you...

okay that sounds great. I left a message with my number, but i was tempted just to send the check in the mail with a note for the weekend im reserving..