Last Post Wins!, the person with the last post wins!!!!

Sarah

Get it right - "your" is possessive, "you're" is "you are"! (The language teacher in me coming out! :P)

Thanks, it helps me to think of it from a programming perspective, say object trey, of class Human has the member name, to access the name (if it is a public member of course, typically you would have it under "private", so you would need the appropriate accessor functions, a proper getter and setter so that you can't screw something up as easily), you would do: "trey.name" to get the member.... So that would be the equivillant of your, but I get confused since I want the . opperator, so I use 're to do it...

I'm insane, trey.knows(INSANE);

That's awesome! I should probably learn Spanish since I live in New Mexico and all, but oh well :)

Spanish is actually a pretty easy language to learn. A lot of words are very similar to English words (cognates), and once you get used to the idea that things have gender and that verbs pretty much follow certain patterns, it's pretty simple - a very logical language, compared to English!

Thanks, it helps me to think of it from a programming perspective, say object trey, of class Human has the member name, to access the name (if it is a public member of course, typically you would have it under "private", so you would need the appropriate accessor functions, a proper getter and setter so that you can't screw something up as easily), you would do: "trey.name" to get the member.... So that would be the equivillant of your, but I get confused since I want the . opperator, so I use 're to do it...

I'm insane, trey.knows(INSANE);

You are, indeed, insane! Simpler version... Take "you are" - slide the words together - "youare", and replace the "a" with an apostrophe --- "you're" ----- very logical!:P

Spanish is actually a pretty easy language to learn. A lot of words are very similar to English words (cognates), and once you get used to the idea that things have gender and that verbs pretty much follow certain patterns, it's pretty simple - a very logical language, compared to English!

I took 3 years of Spanish in high school and my mom's side of the family is Hispanic, so I can understand a lot of the language. I've never been good at speaking Spanish though.

For some reason this reminded me of polymorphism and the deference operator "->"

If you say so... :rolleyes:

I took 3 years of Spanish in high school and my mom's side of the family is Hispanic, so I can understand a lot of the language. I've never been good at speaking Spanish though.

It takes practice - I'm very much out of it, at this point - I also can understand it better than I can speak it! If you got to the point of fluency, it would be a major help for you in the working world!!!