copyright on pics

how do i put a copyright on my pics?

any pics i put on here obv show up in a google search

today on fb sum1 linked me to a page that used a pic of skyla without my permission - cuz theres no copyright on it , i dont mind TOO much as i spoke to the person of the group and its for a good cause

not sum numpty using it to false advertise pups or anything

but thats where my problem lies - i know some people will use pics regardless of copyright - however i feel if i do have copy right on my pics that can help me plead a case if such a thing were to happen

so techy's - HELP!?

thanks

Good luck to you!

Pretty dodgy to pirate a picture without permission, copyrighted or not (not that you can do anything about it, but it's pretty poor etiquette). I found out that a member on here swiped and reposted a pic of my dog AND me onto another forum, and, although there's nothing I can do about it, I am annoyed to no end. You'd think people would have some decency and common sense, but no ....

This is US law, I don't know how much it will vary cross the pond - also don't understand why this is bolded. My notes follow the program notes.

Picture-shark

pictureshark.jpg

I recently discovered a great product that could save you a lot of time. Picture-shark will "stamp" visible logos or text on your images. For those of you who don't have PhotoShop or would like to be able to batch "stamp" several images at once, Picture-shark is a great little product. Whether you want to use your logo or your signature (which you've scanned in and saved as a transparent gif file) Picture-shark is a nice little tool. Best of all, it's Free!

I was looking at copyright information when I ran into this program - it might be useful, then again it might not, I did NOT look at anything other than the description.

Now, US Law: There is an inerrant copyright to anything you produce. While it doesn't have to have a copyright notice on it, it's easier to defend against misuse if it does. That said to conform to copyright standards the notification must include:

1) either the copyright symbol © or the word copyright

2) the year

3) Your name / company name.

My programs all bear "Copyright 2005-2011 by Alfred M Jones" as do my web pages.

Nix you don't just write it on in Paint - Paint has a text feature!! :P

I'm sure the law in the UK says it doesn't even need to have anything stamped on it for it to be under copyright - simply by creating/taking the picture it becomes your property.

Nix you don't just write it on in Paint - Paint has a text feature!! :P

I'm sure the law in the UK says it doesn't even need to have anything stamped on it for it to be under copyright - simply by creating/taking the picture it becomes your property.

i know i remember once i posted lol :facepalm:

Just to make it clear. With regard to English law on copyright..

The photographer retains the copyright on a photo unless they explicitly transfer the copyright to someone else.

Giving someone licence to use the photograph allows them to use the photograph for a particular use but does not mean you are transferring the copyright.

You do not need to mark the photo to claim copyright.

If you see one of your photographs being used without your permission you can demand that they stop using it and/or sue them for breach of copyright.

If what I've written is not clear, please ask! I have researched this matter in great depth.

Just to make it clear. With regard to English law on copyright..

The photographer retains the copyright on a photo unless they explicitly transfer the copyright to someone else.

Giving someone licence to use the photograph allows them to use the photograph for a particular use but does not mean you are transferring the copyright.

You do not need to mark the photo to claim copyright.

If you see one of your photographs being used without your permission you can demand that they stop using it and/or sue them for breach of copyright.

If what I've written is not clear, please ask! I have researched this matter in great depth.

What mike says is perfectly correct. As someone who has run quite a lot of forums this is something that a forum owner has to bare in mind at times. If you see that someone has posted an image that you own, contact the forum administrator, not the person who posted it. The forum owner is the person who is hosting the copyrighted material and therefore they are the people who should remove it. This is the reason why it is stated in our terms and conditions that by posting material on our site you are allowing husky owners unrestricted use of that material.

On another note, when contacting the site owners ensure you are polite when asking for it to be removed. You are more likley to get a result. For example when someone really arsey emails me, it could be a week before I pick them up. However polite emails somehow catch my attention much more promptly.