The official geek-only thread!

BlueWolf

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indeed .... Productivity always goes up with alcohol, however only to a point where it tips dramatically .... Just so that @Sarah understands what I mean by this, its kinda like Webbers tyres between the start of the race and lap 0.5 :P

Didn't shout me you was goin for beers I'd of come help you :D

For a few days I've been trying to get a simple script that sends daily 1Award reminders to send emails at 12am every day. For some reason it insisted 12am was on 8am and I couldn't figure out why. Than I checked the time.

telesto@telesto$ date

vr sep 9 03:34:20 CEST 2011

Mind you, it was 11:34 here!!

I corrected it:

telesto@telesto$ sudo ntpdate ntp.ubuntu.com

9 Sep 11:35:04 ntpdate[1435]: step time server 91.189.94.4 offset 28757.943846 sec

An offset of 28757.943846 seconds/8 hours. Wtf happened here? And when?? :confused:

For a few days I've been trying to get a simple script that sends daily 1Award reminders to send emails at 12am every day. For some reason it insisted 12am was on 8am and I couldn't figure out why. Than I checked the time.

Mind you, it was 11:34 here!!

I corrected it:

An offset of 28757.943846 seconds/8 hours. Wtf happened here? And when?? :confused:

The blood alcohol level wasn't conducent to productive programming. Drink more and try again! :D