The official geek-only thread!

BlueWolf

Well, here it is: A thread specifically for the geeky people out here to talk about... you know, anything that is considered computer related :P I've created this since some people on here were confused in what language we where speaking. What should we call them? Muggles? :lolman:

Anyway, to continue where we got off:

I looove Gedit! I love its simplicity and hate all those extra addons like autocomplete and other stuff that tries to think for you (aka Eclipse). I know what I'm typing alright? Just don't distract me with yet another pointless menu that suggest I might want to type the word "True".

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What should we call them? Muggles? :lolman:

Anyway, to continue where we got off:

We should call them WozJobs. . . coz they still won't get the in joke. :)

Also: I looove Gedit! I love its simplicity and hate all those extra addons like autocomplete and other stuff that tries to think for you (aka Eclipse). I know what I'm typing alright? Just don't distract me with yet another pointless menu that suggest I might want to type the word "True".

When I started doing C++ in gedit rather than netbeans, I spent 20 minutes just trying to get my code to compile, because I had become sloppy/lazy and was waiting for netbeans to hold my hand and correct errors...

When I started doing C++ in gedit rather than netbeans, I spent 20 minutes just trying to get my code to compile, because I had become sloppy/lazy and was waiting for netbeans to hold my hand and correct errors...

I'm a WozJob when it comes to coding really.

I've done basic coding in Delphi, Flash and Visual Basic ^_^

I used to program in Visual Basic 6. It was fun, until I discovered non of the VB6 compiled programs could run longer than a week as they seemed to have a memory-leak by default. I had to reboot my crappy NT server every month because just closing the programs didn't helped :D

But than I saw the light and switched to Linux. I learned Python along the way with the intention to use it as a stepping stone to go to whatever was the "best" language at that time. But it turned out I liked Python so much that almost all my projects are made in Python.

At a 6 month internship I learned PHP and Javascript (with jQuery) in about a week as I had so much fun with it. I started creating my own tasks as they company quickly ran out of stuff they wanted to get built by me :lolman:

Yep, the best programmer is a lazy programmer (Perl/Camel book).

Oh yeah, that's true! Instead of going to my local weather site every time, I made a Chrome plugin that would track my location through the html5 geolocation and would report to me an estimation of how many minutes before it would start raining in my area (or how long until it gets dry again) :D

Indeed .... Productivity always goes up with alcohol, however only to a point where it tips dramatically .... Just so that @Sarah understands what I mean by this, its kinda like Webbers tyres between the start of the race and lap 0.5 :P

Indeed .... Productivity always goes up with alcohol, however only to a point where it tips dramatically .... Just so that @Sarah understands what I mean by this, its kinda like Webbers tyres between the start of the race and lap 0.5 :P

:doglaugh:

BTW if anyone wants to work in sunny old Ipswich, the company I work for are always looking for Developers :P