sand pit wanted

sand pit wanted, child's plastic Early Learning Centre type sand pit / pool to use for Myshka to lie in (with water) to cool her down in the heat OR any ideas what can be used? Obviously the cheap inflatable paddling pools are ideal but ruled out as claws will puncture it, so .... anyone know where I can pick up a cheap 2nd hand one or a suitable alternative? I've tried the usual evilbay (!), local papers, car booties, etc. :D

I tried Argos but they only had the inflatable ones in stock, even looked at other Argos stores near us & all were out of stock :banghead: BUT that is exactly what I'm looking for ....... will keep trying the website. Am off to Burscough car boot tomorrow (again!) to see if I can see a decent used one, but will keep checking Argos too!

Thanks, Sarah x

Ooh, thanks, Andy, you & Sarah, great minds think alike!

We used an old inflatable one - Isis did puncture it quite badly the first time we used it - but as she never damaged the top inflatable ring we are still using it. IN fact she hasnt damaged it further since then. hink shes got used to the idea of lieing down in the water to cool off.

Sorry we've got the same one as sarah...but it is great....u effectively get 2 as the lid can be used as a 2nd paddling pool :) why dont you check wen they are next due in....well worthwaitng a couple of days if they're due to come in!

just checked again, out of stock around Liverpool, Warrington, Manchester & Nottingham, all out of stock - maybe they've stopped selling it :ran_mad:

but I will keep checking & looking for alternatives - thank you, all :up:

just checked again, out of stock around Liverpool, Warrington, Manchester & Nottingham, all out of stock - maybe they've stopped selling it :ran_mad:

but I will keep checking & looking for alternatives - thank you, all :up:

we had same prob with getting our i just checked the site everyday and struck lucky one day so reserved it and went and fetched it.

just check evry day and as soon as you see one reserve it

Thanks guys, I appreciate the help on this, no luck at the car booty this morning (again) am just looking through the eBay link, Sarah, there seems to be a few on there, but don't you know, 99% are London way & further south, collection only! There is 1 in Nottinghamshire way, so will keep an eye on that. Andy, will keep checking Argos, you never know, I might drop lucky! Nix, never heard of entertainer, is it a national company?

Thank you, everyone, for your help & ideas, I finally got one at JTF Warehouse in Warrington this morning, square one with a lid, all I need to do now is get Myshka in it! She WILL go in it after all this hard work!! Rep added to you for your help, guys, x

OK - you've all been absolutely GREAT with your ideas on this BUT .......... how do I convince Myshka I haven't just bought her a brand new HUGE water bowl to drink from?? lol

She has put 1 front paw in, then the other a while later, but that's it - yet take her to a beach or a lake & you can't stop her running in! Have to invent a mini wave maker to simulate the sea!! lol

I have tried reasoning with her, telling her you all want pics, etc, but the stubborn streak is out, so you may have to wait a while!! :P

OK - you've all been absolutely GREAT with your ideas on this BUT .......... how do I convince Myshka I haven't just bought her a brand new HUGE water bowl to drink from?? lol

She has put 1 front paw in, then the other a while later, but that's it - yet take her to a beach or a lake & you can't stop her running in! Have to invent a mini wave maker to simulate the sea!! lol

I have tried reasoning with her, telling her you all want pics, etc, but the stubborn streak is out, so you may have to wait a while!! :P

Have you tried maybe holding her fave treat over it and place it so she has to get in the pool and then when she gets in bring it down to her level and give her loads of praise :) or if you have some toys you could throw them into the pool for her to catch and then hopefully she may realise the pool is to play in and will stat going in :)

Another alternative to do, if you fancy it, is to get into the pool youself and play around and see if this helps encourage her in